Family Violence Prevention Advocate
Provide direct services to victims/survivors of intimate partner violence via supportive counseling, crisis intervention, safety-planning, information, referral and assistance, risk assessment, and ongoing emotional support.
Ø Identify, develop and provide supportive services that meet the assessed needs of individuals and their families who are experiencing Domestic Violence.
Ø Provide crisis intervention, referrals and advocacy
Ø Develop safety plan as part of the intake process
Ø Develop effective relationships with individuals and their families
Ø Liaise effectively with other professionals
Ø Maintain accurate records; copies of client documentation of work undertaken on database and keep files up to date
Ø Provide case management and follow up
Ø Work in an integrated way with other service providers to meet the needs of the individuals and families.
Ø Conduct community outreach, provide domestic violence education for various schools and professionals
Ø Will report directly to the Executive Director
Ø Partakes in any other area of responsibility in relation to this role as requested by the Executive Director
Ø Protect confidentiality of families at all times.
Ø Makes sure that proper reports and documentation are completed
Level of Language Proficiency
· Ability to be empathetic, non-judgmental and relate to individuals and groups
· Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Effective communication and organizational skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Bachelor’s Degree in sociology, social work, counseling, or human services related field
· Knowledge of domestic violence issues and experience in counseling and case management
· Must be able to work flexible schedule
· Ability to work independently and take initiative
· Must be able to work with people of diverse faiths and cultures
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish -Required and or English/Arabic
Minimum Education Required