World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Chief of Party, Indonesia Marine Protected Areas Program. The COP will provide overall vision and leadership for the anticipated five-year, $10-25 million USAID Marine Protected Areas project. The project aims to advance Indonesia's goals for improving the management of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) and protect valuable marine ecosystems and biodiversity. The COP provides managerial and technical leadership and directs the project's core team of staff and partners responsible for planning, coordination, design, and delivery of all project activities.
- Represents the project to USAID, the Indonesia Ministry of Indonesia, Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries, sub-national and local governments, private sector and community stakeholders, and ensures the project is well coordinated with other USAID and non-USAID funded projects.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with implementing partners, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and relevant Indonesian and international institutions.
- Develops sound work plans for project activities to ensure cohesion and focus for attainment of sustainable results.
- Applies a participatory, adaptive management approach to ensure that the program is efficient, effective, and achieves planned results.
- Ensures the activity meets high standards for performance and integrity and is implemented in compliance with USAID and WWF policies and regulations, including those related to financial management, environmental and social safeguards, risk management, and sub-recipient oversight, and reporting.
- 10 years (minimum) of professional experience implementing and managing marine resource management and biodiversity conservation projects in Asia, particularly those involving establishing and supporting marine protected areas.
- 5+ years of experience in marine conservation planning and implementation, including experience working with counterparts at multiple levels in a development context. Familiarity with Indonesia MMAF's programs related to MPAs and MPA management in Indonesia preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to implement complex, multi-million-dollar USAID, or other donor-funded natural resource management projects required. Prior USAID Chief of Party experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience working with counterparts at various levels in a development context required.
- Demonstrated effectiveness leading and managing teams able to adapt to dynamic operating conditions to achieve project results.
- Proven diplomatic skill and ability to engage effectively with stakeholders and counterparts of wide-ranging backgrounds and experience-levels.
- Master's degree (minimum) required in ecology, natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, or relevant field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and fluency in English required.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22026
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/j74XbpSANaNnIGB8Iy8LO" />