Full Time Temporary
Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Development Specialist provides support to the Resource Development department, with a focus on the Major Gift program and the Institutional Partnership program.
· Perform online research and qualification of individuals and foundations
· Update Foundation tracking logs with program areas, giving amounts and trustee information
· Review assigned Business and Philanthropic Journals to identify individual campaign prospects
· Update donor records in Salesforce with new research and contact information
Events Assistance (20%)
· Assist with logistics and administrative tasks related to ongoing regional events
· Review RSVPs, create check-in lists, design name tags, and fill gift bags
· Assist with scheduling meetings for Vice President and Directors
· Gather programmatic data and information and draft one-page synopsis for review
· Draft correspondence and other writing as assigned
· Minimum of 2 years prior work experience in a fast-paced office environment in a development, marketing, communications, or administrative role.
· Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience in MS Office, Excel and Salesforce.com. Experience with online research, including iWave and Foundation Center desired.
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously, take initiative and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrates common sense, good customer service skills, flexibility and teamwork.
This is a full-time temporary position for up to 3 months. It may require some evening work to assist with events.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of the Major Gifts Director.