647 Fulton Street
Program: Community Media
Supervisor: Director of Community Media
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; a renowned contemporary art exhibition series and an expansive education program reaching thousands of students each year. BRIC offers programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
Purpose of Position:
Oversee organizational partnerships for community media
· Work with VP of Community Media to develop partnership strategy and define the scope of collaborative projects with non-profit organizations.
· Manage the Media Share mentorship program for non-profit organizations.
· Serve as primary liaison with Brooklyn Public Library, and other partners.
· Conduct research and outreach to identify new organizational partners, including non-profits who would benefit from BRIC’s educational services and cable/digital platforms.
· Develop tools to assess outcomes for partnership projects and prepare reports.
· Work with Marketing Director to promote BRIC Community Media initiatives.
· Assist with production and licensing contracts, including intellectual property agreements.
· Liaise and coordinate with BRIC’s fundraising and community engagement staff.
· Represent BRIC in public forums.
· Coordinate efforts to advocate for public access services.
· Help plan and produce select Community Media events.
· Supervise the Partnerships Manager and others, as needed.
· Other duties, as assigned.
- At least 10 years’ progressively responsible experience in a related field, including supervision and management experience.
- Experience with community organizations and community outreach
- Working knowledge of licensing and intellectual property best practices
- Strong understanding of media making and distribution practices
- College degree
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with public access television is a plus; media production and graphic skills also a plus
Salary and Schedule
Full-time position with full benefits package. Annual salary $64-$68K, depending on experience.
This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Associate Director, Partnerships. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.