Pier55, a not-for-profit park and arts organization currently under construction and opening in fall 2020, is seeking an experienced administrative associate/office manager. This position will be responsible for the operations of the Pier55 office space and all related aspects of improving the functionality of a start-up office including but not limited to: developing and implementing standard operating procedures, vendor sourcing and relationship building, and maintaining a convivial and welcoming office environment. This position will also provide general administrative support to the organization; responsibilities will vary from research initiatives to occasional project management. This position will report to the Executive Director and the Director of Operations and Finance.
- Maintain efficiency by creating and implementing office systems and lead the establishment of all standard operating procedures
- Support day to day business activities of the organization
- Manage office supply, organize inventory, layouts
- Maintain a welcoming, efficient, and organized reception area
- Vendor management, including: sourcing & vetting, consolidating services and continuously reviewing processes, equipment requisitions
- Handle a range of varied administrative tasks as assigned, including general HR administrative duties and employee onboarding procedures
- Collaborate with colleagues as needed to ensure that Pier55 is an organization built in service to excellent and engaging experiences for all Pier55 visitors.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an office management role
- Unparalleled organizational skills
- Experience interfacing with people from diverse backgrounds
- The ability to work in a dynamic organization, and the ability to prioritize and triage, handling many tasks at once
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or commensurate work experience
- Must have excellent, demonstrated written, oral, interpersonal, and communication skills (including editing ability).
Minimum Education Required