Details: The maximum salary is based on the maximum hours an educator could potentially work. The minimum salary is is based on $14/hr at 19 hours per week.
719 South King Street
We want to celebrate your love of history, identity and Asian and Pacific Islander American cultural heritage. We seek passionate individuals to connect our visitors to the personal stories and retell the histories of Asian and Pacific Islander Americans here in Seattle’s Chinatown- International District and the Pacific Northwest.
We currently have two open part-time positions in our Education Department, leading educational tours at The Wing and in the neighborhood. Interpretive Leads are our storytellers who interact with people from every walk of life and engage the public in dialogue to explore issues past and present. The Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience (The Wing) is a contemporary arts, historical and cultural museum that engages people in issues related to APIA communities.
- Passion for and desire to learn and share about the rich history, art and culture of the Asian Pacific Islander American and Chinatown-International District communities; of our communities’ historic and contemporary contributions to the Pacific Northwest
- Strong English speaking skills. Verbal proficiency in Mandarin or Cantonese would be great.
- Friendly and enjoy working with all ages
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Highly dependable and responsible
- Lead tours and assist with outreach
- Assist with new customer outreach and promotion of tours and The Wing as needed
- Assist with research and development of education curriculum as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Rate is $14/hour for roughly 19 hours/week
- Schedule: Tuesday-Sunday; additional hours may become available for periodic museum programs, events and temporary coverage for open shifts; a 12-month commitment is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can submit:
- Cover letter; AND
- Resume or a 1-page summary of relevant volunteer and/or work experience that demonstrates your capabilities to succeed in this position.
- Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Education Guide” in the subject line.
- No phone calls, please.
This is an hourly position at .19FTE
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English proficient. Intermediate and above in the following additional languages: Mandarin, Korean, Hindi, Cantonese, Vietnamese.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Level of Language Proficiency
Mandarin, Tagalog, Ilokano, Cantonese, Japanese, Hindi (not required but would be a great asset)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter detailing your experience with storytelling, education, classroom experience, or simply a desire to become all those things.
Please attach a resume with all previous experience and any relevant education or training to the Senior Tour Manager at email@example.com