Center Square East
1500 Market St
Under the supervision of the Billing Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for processing billing documents to various PHMC funders. This position will review and analyze monthly departmental and program budget reports in order to determine the accuracy of data in relationship to PHMC’s policies/procedures along with cost principles of PHMC’s various funders
- Prepare and reconcile monthly, quarterly and annual billing reports and invoices.
- Prepare actual expenses vs. approved budget’ reports for program directors.
- Prepare program and assist in the preparation of the corporate budget.
- Experience with processing purchase orders, negotiating discounts with vendors, and ensuring that PHMC funder’s bid and other requirements are met.
- Correspond with funders regarding fiscal guidelines and discrepancies.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to program staff.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as needed.
- Review, research and resolve billing issues and discrepancies.
- Oversees maintenance of account files, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Work with funders in order to ensure PHMC is paid in a timely manner.
- Perform desk audits of provider agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with electronic data reporting and retrieval, electronic mail, and web-based applications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of City of Philadelphia’s reimbursement system a plus.
- Strong General Ledger skills: ability to analyze accounts and create journal entries
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Experienced in budgeting and financial statement preparation & analysis
- Experience with Cost Allocation systems (ability to allocate costs over multiple programs)
- Experience with Accounts Receivable subsidiary ledgers
- Experience with Serenic Navigator and Jet Reports a plus
- Must possess technical and professional accounting skills, ability to develop financial and other operational systems. Must have excellent knowledge of PC and related accounting applications. Strong written and verbal skills are required to present oral and written reports to Executive Director, Chiefs and Managing Directors. Must possess analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Degree in Accounting. Must have at least 3 years of accounting experience.
- Commensurate with background and experience.
Minimum Education Required