16 West 22nd Street
The TEAK staff is a dynamic, collaborative, innovative team of 15 individuals committed to educational access and success. Fellow support is an integral part of the TEAK model, providing academic, social-emotional, mental health, family, and college and career guidance to all students. Reporting to the Director of Fellow Success, the Assistant/Associate Director of Fellow Success will be an integral member of a small, dedicated, and close team, and will most directly support Fellows in their middle school years.
- Serve as TEAK Dean, closely monitoring and supporting TEAK’s middle school students to ensure academic success and personal growth.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all constituents related to the student, including parents, teachers, advisors, TEAK mentors and program partners.
- Liaise between TEAK, family and school; visit Fellows’ schools; develop relationships with middle school guidance counselors and teachers to ensure Fellows’ academic success at school.
- Utilize TEAK’s student relationship management system (Salesforce) to maintain up-to-date student records for attendance, gradebook management, student behavior and discipline.
- Collaborate with the Directors of Fellow Success and Fellow Support to provide the appropriate academic, social, and mental health supports for middle school Fellows.
- Serve as the primary communicator with 7th and 8th grade Fellows and families regarding TEAK schedules, events and programming, and all students/families during the Summer Institute.
- Serve as a site director for TEAK’s off-site afterschool programming from September - April. TEAK programming is held at off-sites on Mondays and Wednesdays in the Bronx and Brooklyn.
- Assist with middle school programming for Fellows and families, including the mentor program, TEAK Parents’ Association, service learning, and other co-curricular experiences.
- Facilitate the planning and management of TEAK’s MLK Day programming.
- Serve in an administrative and/or teaching role at TEAK’s Summer Institute.
- Communicate regularly with families through monthly Middle School Academy newsletters
Middle School Academy: Curriculum and Placement Support
- Teach TEAK signature courses like “TEAK Foundations” during Spring Intensive (May - June) and Summer Institute (July - August) and the “I.M.P.A.C.T. Leadership Seminar” (September - April).
- Teach ELA, history or math during the academic year and/or Summer Institute.
- Assist the Director of Placement manage the high school application process for 8th graders.
- Assist with aspects of the TEAK admission process.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of professional experience in education, youth development and/or teaching
- Strong commitment to TEAK’s mission of educational access and success for underrepresented populations
- Ability to interface with all of TEAK’s constituents including prospective students, families, school partners and other CBOs
- Availability to work regular evenings (Mondays/Wednesdays) and weekends (1-2 Saturdays a month) during the school year
- Ability to travel throughout the five boroughs; a valid driver’s license is a plus
- Excellent administrative, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Problem solver and team player
- Sense of humor and the ability to be flexible in a fast-moving environment
- Fluent in Spanish (Strongly preferred)
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. TEAK offers a generous benefits, vacation, and retirement package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in Spanish (Strongly preferred)
Minimum Education Required