Adopt An Oakland School Coordinator
Community Programs Senior Manager
- Applications accepted starting Friday, July 2, 2021
- Hiring immediately, position open until filled.
- This position requires employee to be vaccinated.
- Full Time, Hourly, Non Exempt.
- Some nights or weekends may be required in support of key Ed Fund events.
- The hourly range for this position is $28.85/hr - $32.70/hr dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Generous Vacation and Sick Time Accrual
- Average of 13-15 Paid Holidays
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Sponsored 401K Plan (non-matched)
Please do not send your application directly through email.
Click here to apply or copy and paste the link below to your browser: https://oaklandedfund.tfaforms.net/4767137
- Applications will be reviewed immediately and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews.
- Unfortunately, the volume of applications will prevent us from responding to all applications received.
ABOUT THE ED FUND:
Oakland Public Education Fund leads the investment of community resources in Oakland public schools so that all students can learn, grow, and thrive. Therefore, our work is to connect public schools with tools, funds, and volunteers. Learn more about our work at www.oaklandedfund.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Oakland Public Education Fund is seeking a motivated, passionate, and detail-oriented Adopt an Oakland School Coordinator to facilitate the Adopt an Oakland School Program. Our organization runs the public schools’ volunteer program on behalf of the school district, and therefore, we are Oakland’s largest school-based volunteer program. We support all parents, guardians, community members, groups, and businesses to become impactful volunteers in Oakland public schools. The Adopt an Oakland School program is how we engage the “groups” interested in making a positive impact through customized, relevant volunteer events.
The Adopt an Oakland School Coordinator will manage the Adopt an Oakland School Specialist and work closely with Corporate Partnerships Manager, Oakland School Volunteers staff, Community Programs Senior Manager, and the wider programs team as well as business leaders, and educators across the school system to operate and strengthen community-based programming.
ADOPT AN OAKLAND SCHOOL:
In this program local businesses are paired with public schools to create customized, engaging volunteer projects that benefit school culture and student success. The Adopt an Oakland School Coordinator will serve as the liaison between at least fifteen businesses and their school partners to coordinate the logistics so that volunteers and educators can keep the focus on positive impact.
The Adopt an Oakland School Coordinator will coordinate a signed agreement between the business and the school solidifying how many projects they will partner on throughout the school year. Then the Adopt an Oakland School Coordinator will facilitate all aspects of the agreed-upon projects, including planning notes and documents, conference calls and meetings, supplies procurement, scheduling, photography, social media, volunteer training, content-building, recruitment blurbs, database records, and appreciations. It’s all about relationship building!
The Adopt an Oakland School Coordinator will act as the knowledgeable intermediary between the business and the school to ensure that all parties have a great experience within the Adopt an Oakland School Program and that students are receiving high-quality volunteer resources that are relevant to their interests and needs.
Finally, the Adopt an Oakland School Coordinator will onboard and supervise and manage the Remote Adopt an Oakland School Specialist to share expectations, best practices, and ensure that all partnerships are actively moving forward and having a great experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track progress of partnerships and report to Sr. Manager bi monthly
- Contribute to and maintain the database to manage volunteer and school information.
- Complete survey distribution and collection for the AaOS program and provide information to the Sr. Manager. Analyze the results to identify celebrations and opportunities for improvement. Share results with staff and external stakeholders, making decisions about programmatic adjustments based on the available data.
- Collect and draft stories for the newsletter based on Adopt an Oakland school events. Record unique stories and conduct interviews and photography to celebrate volunteers making a positive impact.
- Hold approximately fifteen relationships between businesses and school sites as a part of the Adopt an Oakland School program.
- Develop relationships with each adopting partners and volunteer teams
- Develop and maintain relationships with school principal and site staff
- Plan and communicate all volunteer event logistics between the business and school.
- Solicit responses from all needed parties before moving forward with any projects. This requires an extreme attention to detail as some partners may be difficult to reach at times.
- Negotiate any changes to agreements as needed
- Draft content for end of year Impact Reports that are shared with all partners.
- Support the professional development of educators to work with volunteers. They may need support to identify how to use volunteer support effectively.
- Manage the Remote Adopt an Oakland School Specialist to grow them into a skilled partnerships leader. Meet with them bi-monthly or more as needed to support all of their partnerships and facilitate quarterly reviews and goal setting in partnership with the Community Programs Senior Manager.
- Supervise and conduct professional development + quarterly reviews of AaOS staff.
- Additional responsibilities: Serve as a core employee, supporting key Ed Fund events and contributing to our culture and structure, as well as our mission; and, Other duties as assigned + evening and weekend work (as needed).
- During busy seasons, support the processing of new volunteers to clear them to volunteer in schools. Work with new and existing automated processes to provide a great experience to each applicant.
- Serve as a point of contact for inquiries (via phone, email, or other) from community members expressing interest or seeking more information about volunteering in Oakland public schools.
- Attend networking events to meet new potential Adopt an Oakland School business partners.
- Passion for community engagement and organizing, building equitable opportunities in public schools, and/or volunteer recruiting and coordination. Strong belief in the centrality of high-quality public schools in building just and thriving communities across Oakland.
- Possession of or ability to get a valid California driver’s license and willingness to travel locally.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and TB test.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to submit proof.
- Entrepreneurial and proactive -- identify needs, projects, problems, opportunities, and pursue them without having to be directed to do so.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a coordinator role (or similar) in a team-oriented organization committed to excellence in supporting its clients. Philanthropic experience and/or grants compliance experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently. Ability to work from home or in-person (pending health and safety recommendations from Alameda county).
- High cultural humility and awareness through written and oral communication. Ability to effectively communicate in person and electronically with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an orientation toward detail, and the ability to work on several projects at one time with multiple deadlines.
- Strong data entry skills and comprehensive knowledge of Excel, Word, Google products (Docs, Sheets). An exceptional eye for reviewing data to ensure its accuracy and validity.
- Preference for experience with databases and CRM solutions, especially Salesforce
- Public speaking skills and comfortable presenting complex information to a large group.
- Optionally staff events by helping with packing, set up, tear down, and lifting boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrates professionalism through one’s work, and interaction with colleagues. Specifically and consistently understands that the quality of the work performed here directly affects the public reputation and internal efficiency of the Oakland Ed Fund.
- Spanish speakers who are experienced with Oakland public education and Oakland public schools are a plus.
WORK LIFE AT THE ED FUND:
- Great mentorship and opportunities for professional growth
- Office in Oakland’s Jack London Square that is easily accessible by public transportation and great parking options
- The opportunity to make a direct, positive impact on Oakland public schools and programs serving our youth
- Networking opportunities with local leaders and businesses
- Ability to work from home on a part-time basis
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY DISCLOSURE:
The Oakland Public Education Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We also know that great candidates can bring skills to The Ed Fund that we haven't thought of just yet, and who won't fit everything we've described above. If this is you, don't hesitate to apply. Tell us what unique contributions you can offer.
We are dedicated to improving our organization and know that part of it means to better reflect the people we serve. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages and we especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.