64 Pleasant Street
The Program & Marketing Manager position is a unique opportunity to get involved with the Sasaki Foundation and interact with entrepreneurs, designers and planners, artists, civic leaders and community organizations working in Greater Boston to address climate adaptation, housing transit and community building. You will be in charge of implementing and executing all of the programming & events for the Incubator at Sasaki, a vibrant co-working space that is curated by the Sasaki Foundation and adjacent to the global design firm, Sasaki.
Your responsibilities will include bringing together multiple sectors of innovative and experienced entrepreneurs, designers and community champions to provide high-quality programming, content, and education to the Incubator tenants, the Foundation grantees, members of the public and entrepreneurs in the Boston area. You will design and implement marketing strategies related to programming and growing the Incubator at Sasaki community. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Program and Event Management
• Securing relevant, impressive, and surprising speakers for all programs
• Managing execution, logistics, and production of internal events for the research teams in the Incubator: lunch and learns, speakers series, workshops, and programming to support our Sasaki Foundation Design Awards, including the annual Open House and Pitch Night events
• Developing and maintaining a positive and collaborative working relationship with new and existing partners in the innovation ecosystem; working with them to create and manage an external event program that effectively drives brand awareness
• Coordinating event staffing, setup, and breakdown and serving as a resource during all events to ensure that the event runs smoothly
• Managing event follow-up and evaluations
• Managing budgets for all Foundation programs in the Incubator
• Managing the Foundation’s annual fundraising event in conjunction with an outside event planner to highlight the work of Foundation grantees and secure funding to support programs held by the Sasaki Foundation
• Developing a sponsorship plan for all Foundation events including sourcing, negotiating and executing brand partnership and event sponsorship opportunities
• Collecting and managing feedback from our community and stakeholders to continuously improve our programs and uncover new opportunities
Marketing and Outreach
• Directing the creation and execution of marketing campaigns to support the Incubator at Sasaki and Sasaki Foundation activities
• Researching, proposing and using new market tools and technologies to drive event attendance
• Developing content strategy and calendar for Foundation blog, writing content and managing guest bloggers
• Developing and managing website content for the Foundation website
• Managing content and growing social media channels
• Coordinating with internal communications team at Sasaki on press outreach
• Preparing analytics reports for social media and website traffic, using data to inform decisions and improve results
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong relationship builder with community development experience
• Service-minded, reliable, clever, and able to work independently
• Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable with trial & error
• Able to juggle multiple responsibilities, while prioritizing and managing your time
• Must love working in a small team and be a clear and friendly communicator and listener with high emotional intelligence
• Incredibly detail-oriented and organized
• Calm in a busy environment and comfortable with ambiguity and last-minute changes
• Occasionally available on nights and weekends, as needed, for events
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in events, building communities and/or partnership experience
• Social media management skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Interest in and familiarity with design industries and community building
• Interested in a long-term role; we are a growing organization and like to hire people who can grow with us over the years
• Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, and/or WordPress, with understanding of print and digital production
• Sense of humor
APPLY - https://sasaki.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Submit a cover letter customized to show why you are a great match for this role, as defined (a cover letter will be required for your application to be considered), resume and salary requirements no later than September 28, 2018. Please also provide 3 references and a writing sample. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone calls please.
At the Sasaki Foundation, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because we are passionate about helping our grantees achieve breakthrough results. A Foundation that reflects the diversity of our grantees and their communities will produce deeper relationships, engagement, and insights. The Sasaki Foundation is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse individuals and organizations, and are committed to non-discrimination. The Sasaki Foundation will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, expression, veteran’s status or other protected characteristics or status.
All Foundation-sponsored programs including training, job, social, and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.
ABOUT SASAKI FOUNDATION
The Sasaki Foundation was established in 2000 by friends and family of Hideo Sasaki, as well as the contribution of the firm that bears his name. The Sasaki Foundation builds on over six decades of work by Sasaki, an organization that pioneered interdisciplinary practice in design. Drawing on this legacy, the Sasaki Foundation continues to forge new paradigms in design and design practice.
We believe design has the power to address the most urgent challenges facing us today, from social equity to environmental resilience. It is an agent of change. And yet, access to design—for communities who need it the most—is often limited.
Making meaningful and lasting change requires designers to transcend the boundaries that separate practice and research, academia and industry, the profession and the public. Making change requires designers to embrace vastly different points of view. Above all, making change requires collective impact. At the intersection of research, practice, and community, the Sasaki Foundation is committed to advancing the value of design, inviting diverse partners to co-create change.
To achieve this vision, the Sasaki Foundation focuses on three areas (Learning and Engagement, Research and Experimentation, and Professional Growth and Practice). Through programs, forums, and partnerships the Foundation engages the design community and members of the public. To support and implement research, the Sasaki Foundation Design Awards program provides grants and a nine-month residency in the Incubator at Sasaki (a co-working space adjacent to the design firm) to teams of 2-4 people in the Greater Boston area. The Foundation also administers the Perry Chapman Prize in partnership with the Society of College and University Planners. To enhance the development of the emerging design professionals, the Foundation underwrites research and programs that support growth within the design professions.
For more information on Sasaki, please visit www.sasaki.com.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through Sasaki's web portal at: https://sasaki.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll