1100 17th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
JOB TITLE : Associate, Development
REPORTS TO : Chief Executive Officer
FLSA STATUS : Exempt
LOCATION : Washington, DC
Since 1999, WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease has been the nation’s only patient-centered organization solely devoted advancing women’s heart health through patient support, community education, and advocacy. WomenHeart is both a coalition and a community of thousands of members nationwide, including women heart patients and their families, health care professionals, health advocates, all committed to helping women live longer, healthier lives. This $4.5 million organization is poised for rapid expansion and leadership in the field.
WomenHeart seeks to hire a Development Associate to assist the Development team and the Chief Operating Officer with the day to day management of all Development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Meeting preparation for the Chief Operating Officer. Will also assist in drafting follow-up and outreach emails and, powerpoint presentations for engagement with sponsors. Conduct research on sponsors and assist with tracking engagement and other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Outlook. Raiser’s Edge preferred but not required
- Non-profit development and/or fundraising experience preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office
- Quick learner & self-starter
- Able to work in a team environment
- Professional and mature can do attitude
- Ability to work in a demanding but rewarding environment
- Able to work in a high pressure and sometimes demanding environment
- Flexibility to work overtime, occasional weekend and travel
This position is a full time position that will begin June 4, 2018
If interested in applying for this exciting position, please submit a cover letter (with salary requirements to: Wanda Freeman)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.