Details: Commensurate with experience.
3990 Brickway Boulevard
The Redwood Empire Food Bank (REFB) Communications Coordinator will work with the Communications Manager to create general communications calendars, craft targeted messages and build visual assets for use in various donor communications, foster strong media relations, and enhance the organization’s digital communications via the website, social media, and monthly eNewsletters in order to increase public engagement. The Communications Coordinator will also work to support the REFB’s Program Department in program-specific communications in order to enhance the REFB’s visibility and brand recognition throughout our community, and will work with the Communications Manager to ensure all staff understand and communicate the work of the REFB in an appropriate tone and voice.
- Write, disseminate and track all press releases. Follow-up with key journalists and producers to ensure appropriate media coverage of events and programs.
- Respond to all media requests, coordinate media events, and schedule regular interviews with key members of the REFB staff.
- Write and distribute monthly PSAs to local radio contacts.
- Maintain media contacts and databases.
- Craft compelling messaging and create strong visual content for social media campaigns.
- Keep website content fresh, compelling, and current.
- Keep abreast of Feeding America (our national affiliate) communications and messaging. Craft appropriate related communication pieces for the REFB.
- Find and write compelling stories about the REFB and the ways in which we are ending hunger in our community, and take accompanying photographs, for REFB monthly donor e-newsletters.
- Assist in the creation of digital marketing materials for special events and fundraisers.
- Oversee content included on internal staff Intranet. Identify new program stories and increase brand identity and awareness among staff.
- Serve as visual storyteller through the use of photography and video. Visit program sites, benefits and fundraisers, food drives, donor check presentations, and other community engagement events to capture strong visual assets for use in all communications.
- Consistently create short videos for use on social media and in electronic communications to enhance the organization’s visual storytelling.
- Edit photos and videos and oversee organization of photo and video library.
- B.A. and 2+ years of experience in Communications, Marketing, Digital Media, Public/Media Relations or related field.
- Ability to write quickly, succinctly, clearly, correctly, and effectively for various media (press release, social media post, newsletter) and audiences.
- Ability to make others comfortable sharing their experiences, both verbally and through photography, with hunger, poverty, and food insecurity.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail. Ability to prioritize, handle multiple assignments, manage/meet tight deadlines, and quickly adapt to meet unexpected and urgent requests.
- Ability to capture and edit high-impact images and manage photo library.
- Advanced skills in social media marketing.
- Experience using Wordpress and compatible plugins.
- Ability to work on multiple teams cooperatively and with flexibility.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and capitalize on communications opportunities.
- Fluency in Google Suite preferred.
- Experience in brand management preferred.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite or other photo/film editing software preferred.
- Experience using Constant Contact and/or MailChimp email platforms preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be: a strong communicator, creative, energetic, and able to work independently.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Redwood Empire Food Bank team and meet the qualifications listed above, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, your resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line, “Communications Coordinator – Your Last Name.”
Healthcare, PTO and 401k match
Minimum Education Required