660 North Capitol Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Responsible for developing strategy and managing staff support ticket requests for netFORUM/SQL queries and reports and uploading contact and related information via SQL. Activities may also include developing processes to identify and eliminate duplicate records. Opportunity to contribute to NLC’s overall data and analytics strategy and vision. Work closely with Municipal Data and Analytics and netFORUM database administrator to support NLC’s mission to help city leaders build better communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage day-to-day responses to staff netFORUM support tickets
- Develop netFORUM and SQL queries and supporting documentation
- Develop standardized processes to upload batches of contact and related information using SQL
- Develop processes to identify and eliminate duplicate records and improve overall data quality
- Contribute to long-term data strategy and vision including organizational analytic capabilities
- Develop and deliver on-going staff training
- Analyze data for membership retention and new membership information
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, operations information management, statistics, or related degree is required, Master’s degree preferred;
- 3-5yrs experience as associate management system administrator (AMS) with systems such as netFORUM, Salesforce, or Aptify;
- 3-5yrs developing queries and manipulating data using SQL;
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as PoweBI or Tableau and data visualization;
- Experience with developing and delivering user training;
- Demonstrated understanding of data quality assurance and techniques to improve data quality
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills as well as ability to interact effectively with NLC members, representatives of other organizations, consultants, and all levels of NLC staff.
- Experience with Higher Logic online community platforms such as Informz and managing mailing lists a plus;
- Experience with Intacct or similar accounting system a plus;
- Experience developing and maintaining SharePoint sites a plus;
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and software packages such as SAS, Stata, R, Python, ArcGIS, and other similar tools a plus;
- Familiarity with API development a plus
National League of Cities is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
National League of cities is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs. Requires the ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally for 3-4 trips
Minimum Education Required