2770 Third Avenue
Program Responsibilities: Youth Programs
Reports to: Youth Program Coordinator
Masa is a community-based organization that partners with Latino immigrant children, youth, and families to develop strong learners and leaders who fully engage in and contribute to the broader community.
The Youth Program Associate plays an essential role in supporting implementation of Masa’s youth programs, which focus on strengthening personal, academic, and leadership skills while learning about Mexican, Chicano, and Latin American culture and history.
This is an ideal position for someone who is fully bilingual in English and Spanish, interested in youth-led work leading to community action, and deeply committed to Masa’s mission of developing strong learners and leaders within the South Bronx’s Mexican/Latin American community.
- Support recruitment for youth programs as needed, including developing flyers, making outreach plans, conducting street outreach, and making phone calls
- Facilitate intake process for prospective and admitted participants, including scheduling appointments, entering data, tracking enrollment progress, and notifying youth of their acceptance
- Manage collection of report cards and other documents/data related to academic progress for participants in school-age education programs, including scanning, tracking, and organizing data and physical documents, as well as following up with youth regarding documents required
- Make phone calls to youth as needed to follow up on attendance or remind them of upcoming events
- Schedule, plan, facilitate, and follow up on individual goal and support check-ins with youth on a monthly basis, or more frequently as needed
- Identify and compile community resources aligned to youths’ interests on an ongoing basis
- Assist with curriculum development as directed by the Youth Program Coordinator
- Assist with facilitation and implementation of lessons, including preparing materials and facilitating activities
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, including conduct volunteer interviews and follow up on volunteer reference checks
- Support the execution of special events, including outreach, planning logistics, and facilitating activities
- Implement and follow Masa’s policies and procedures with respect to client confidentiality and safety
Education and Skills
- Fluent in English AND Spanish
- Tech-savvy; proficient in use of data collection systems; able to quickly learn software/data systems
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and time management skills required
- Some knowledge of and/or a desire to learn about youth organizing, Latin American/Chicano history, and social justice movements
- Able to perform work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision
- SalesForce experience a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in working with immigrant youth
- Facilitation or curriculum development experience a plus
- Ability to be flexible in assignment and work hours, including weekend hours and participating in community events as needed
- Willingness to be fingerprinted and complete a background check
Level of Language Proficiency
Only bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates will be considered. Do not apply for this position if you are not able to fluently read, write, and speak both Spanish and English.
Minimum Education Required