Details: COMPENSATION: $20 - $25 per hour
201 4th Street Southeast
District of Columbia
CHPC is a congregation with many young families and children. We offer two Sunday school classes (PreK-3 through Kindergarten and 1st through 5th grade) from 9:45 to 10:45 every week (Labor Day through Memorial Day). Both classes follow a Presbyterian curriculum entitled "Growing in Grace and Gratitude." From 10:30 to 10:45am the children take part in Children’s Choir with the Music Director.
Worship is at 11am. Children attend for the first part of the service and then directly following the Time with Children, children five and older may leave the service and attend Children's Church, a Lego-based curriculum that reinforces the message adults hear in the sermon.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, committed leader for the children and youth of Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church. This person would have experience designing and implementing programs and teaching children of all ages. This role will work closely with church staff and volunteers, particularly Church Elders for Education, to offer an educational experience for children and youth that is integrated within the larger life of the church. We envision this position growing our children and youth program and seek someone interested in developing this potential within our church. The Church Minister supervises this position.
· Teach one of the Sunday School classes each week.
· Lead Children’s Church during the Sunday morning worship service.
· Oversee curriculum development.
· Engage our oldest children in Sunday School and Children’s Church as helpers/assistants for the younger children.
· Develop strategies for program enhancement.
· Coordinate planning of Christmas Pageant and Easter festivities with the Minister.
· Coordinate planning for Children’s Choir with the Music Director.
· Plan monthly social activity for 3rd-5th grade children and parents.
Passion for working with children and youth
Knowledge and/or experience with Christian faith, Bible stories, Church life.
Background Check Required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter (no more than one page) to CHPCPastor@gmail.com