215 Columbia Street
Carina is a mission-driven nonprofit technology start-up based in downtown Seattle. Our core offering is a multi-sided home care platform that connects trained and verified home care providers with home care consumers. We also offer marketing and customer service programs, along with consulting services. Unlike other platforms, we partner closely with training programs, labor unions, state social and human services programs, community partners and allies, and are aligned with our partners to help people live with dignity as they seek care or seek to make a living.
Why you should work for us:
- Work and learn with a small devoted team of talented, passionate advocates & techies singularly focused on solving a critical problem in our care system.
- Help launch software to solve challenges facing this low wage workforce, adults and children with disabilities, and low income seniors.
- Work with a team that values diversity, laughing a lot, challenging ideas, and a sustainable pace of work.
- Be a part of our product launch and grow with us.
In this role you will:
- Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
- Lead products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery
- Help our product manager assess and prioritize opportunities and constraints
- Guide product decisions through user research and iterative feedback loops
- Be part of a growing organization where you can truly shape the product and see results that immediately and meaningfully impact our customers lives
- Bring experience in conducting user testing, interviews, and analysis; developing mockups, prototypes, and high fidelity designs, and rapidly iterating on working applications
- Have knowledge of Lean and Agile approaches to software development.
- Always be willing to learn; be open-minded, and committed to excellence.
Competitive salary and benefits (healthcare, pension, generous time off) + work from home Fridays. If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also open to those who are interested in part time work or contract based flexible work arrangements. Please indicate if you are seeking a part time or flexible schedule opportunity when you contact us.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Portfolio of projects demonstrating inception of an idea to finished design.
- Very comfortable designing for the web; i.e. responsive/mobile; consistency of experience across multiple browsers, multiple devices.
- Familiar with design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision.
- Can jump in an help with print and marketing collateral design as needed.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com. We are also open to those who are interested in part time work or contract based flexible work arrangements. Please indicate if you are seeking a part time or flexible schedule opportunity when you contact us.