Educational Specialist (Bilingual English/Chinese REQUIRED)
- Job posted by University Settlement Society of New York
184 Eldridge Street
University Settlement is one of New York City's most dynamic social justice institutions, with an impressive legacy as the first settlement house in the nation. For 130 years, University Settlement has been an anchor in the low-income and immigrant communities where we work, offering pioneering programs in early childhood care and education, youth development, eviction prevention, literacy, theater and visual arts, senior services, and mental health. Each year, we engage over 40,000 New Yorkers through our network of 31 sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Our mission is to empower the individuals we serve through comprehensive, quality services that strengthen families and meet the current needs of the community.
Early Head Start and Family Child Care services in a single program that offers full-day home-based child care services, family support services and advocacy to low income families with children under four years of age. The program provides developmentally appropriate home-based child care, and home visits to families and family child care providers.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate curriculum in home-based Family Child Care programs by developing curriculum, teaching and modeling for providers how to lesson plan and implement lessons, so that issues such as mixed age groups, children with special needs, behavioral management are addressed.
- Responsible for providing enhanced home visits to Family Child Care Providers serving Early Head Start children in home-based child care programs.
- Responsible for providing on-site training to Family Child Care Providers addressing all areas of child development, curriculum planning, daily routines, space design, etc.
- Responsible for coaching child care providers to complete developmental assessments.
- Update and maintain child observations in Teaching Strategies Gold
- Maintain proper documentation of visits and child development experiences available to enrolled children.
- Assist in the recruitment of families for the program.
- Assist during the Parent Council meetings and other parent workshops.
- Maintain proper documentation on families and children.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor to fulfill job responsibilities.
- BA in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field
- Knowledge of child development birth to three
- Strong writing skills
- At least one year of classroom experience and/or curriculum development for infants and toddlers.
- Bilingual English/Cantonese or Mandarin required
Hours: Full time
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Cantonese or English/Mandarin REQUIRED
Minimum Education Required