Details: $17-$20 per hour
20 Montgomery St
The Gift Processing Assistant is responsible for the timely processing of gifts and gift acknowledgements and helps ensure the success of Audubon California’s fundraising program. S/he should possess familiarity with a variety of the development fields’ concepts and a command of finance best practices and procedures. The position requires maturity, grace under pressure, comfort with ambiguity and the ability to act independently to plan and accomplish goals. S/he will be an invaluable member of small finance and development departments, with opportunities to learn and grow professionally in all aspects of finance and development.
The ideal candidate will be an organized, energetic, and thoughtful professional interested in conservation of California’s birds and environment.
- Own and manage gift receipt and processing function to ensure excellent service to Audubon California donors and program staff.
- Prepare gift transmittals within two business days of gift receipt.
- Merge and prepare boilerplate acknowledgement letters within two business days of gift receipt.
- Customize acknowledgement letters for major gifts and special circumstances.
- Ensure that gift processors at other Audubon sites have critical information needed within one business day of request.
- Update donor records in Salesforce (our donor database), contact information and preferences, and other donor information as requested by the development team.
- Track development department progress towards annual goal and prepare regular (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) analytics and dashboard reports as directed by Director of Development (DoD) and Finance and Accounting Manager (FOM).
- Maintain a working knowledge of finance systems.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow with Careers at Audubon link above and please include a cover letter.