The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Field Forester supports forest management operations and implements forest and stream restoration projects across forest holdings managed by The Nature Conservancy in the Central Cascades (45,000 acres) and adjacent public lands. The Field Forester works with staff and partners to restore forest health and stream habitat at a landscape scale while also striving to deliver social and economic benefits to the surrounding community.
Level of Language Proficiency
Desired Skills & Experience (education and years of experience, key competencies)
In your resume and cover letter, please address how you meet the following minimum qualifications and preferred knowledge, skills and experience:
· Associate’s degree and 5 years’ experience in natural resource management OR Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in natural resource management OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience managing forestry, logging and/or heavy equipment contractors.
· Experience using ArcView GIS, GPS, data loggers, and proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, and Power Point) software.
· Ability to complete multiple tasks independently with respect to timeline(s) and deliverables.
· Must have valid driver's license and experience operating four-wheel drive vehicles on remote forest roads.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 45444 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST May 11, 2018. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.