Manager, Advancement Marketing and CommunicationsMuseum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Advancement Operations, and in collaboration with both the Senior Vice President, Advancement and Senior Vice President, Marketing Strategy and Communication, the Manager of Advancement Marketing and Communications is responsible for the creation, coordination, editing, development and execution of all digital, print, and video efforts for the Advancement Division. This position works within a fast-paced environment to deliver integrated efforts from across the Museum including direct-mail, email, video, and online content, senior leadership talking points, and other vehicles in order to meet strategic goals as established by the Senior Vice President, Advancement. The Manager provides strategic direction, oversight, and resource management to further enhance the Museum brand position, raise awareness of its distinctive attributes, communicate Museum needs, and effectively engages key constituent groups including prospective and current donors, member giving groups, staff, and other key internal and external constituents. This position acts as a professional resource for the Advancement senior staff, managers, donor relations team, and frontline fundraising staff. This role also acts as the central liaison with the Marketing Strategy and Communication Division.
- Provide collateral for comprehensive direct mail marketing campaign for annual giving that reaches 50,000 new donors and retains 75% of existing donors
- Manages the creation, development, editing, execution, and distribution of the tri-Annual Report/Honor Roll in the Museum Magazine
- Creates talking points for senior leadership, chairperson, and the president for approximately 20-30 events per year
- Creates digital, social, print media for appeals 40-50 times a year in collaboration with Marketing team
- Supervises 25+ vendors in collaboration with Marketing Communications for photography, video, and content development used for internal and external needs
- Monthly management of the communication calendar to ensure clear donor communication, both internally and externally
- Monthly management of the donor content within the website to ensure clear messaging—including 4 external vendors that website traffic is directed to, keeps current all donor pages and surveys the website for accuracy weekly
- Maintains the library of one-thousand Advancement proposals and photos
This position is full-time, 40hrs/wk, Monday-Friday
Associate Vice President, Advancement Operations
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree.
- Five (5) years or more of Institutional Communication Experience.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, deadline focused, and have experience working with teams from across a large organization including senior leadership and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a communications plan.
- Demonstrated strength in written word, and creating and managing written communications materials.
- Proven ability to analyze research response results, synthesize data, make quick, effective decisions and track related team progress against annual goals.
- Proven ability in creating presentations utilizing a variety of presentation platforms like PowerPoint, Prezi, online/social media.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with sales tracking software and/or marketing automation tools.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website above. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.