55 Exchange Place
SEO SCHOLARS is a free eight-year academic program that gets highly motivated, low-income public high school students to and through college — with a 90% college graduation rate.
The Manager of Mentor Programs is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing all elements of the mentoring program for SEO Scholars. This includes recruiting, matching, training, and advising mentors who will work with Scholars during their junior year of high school. The Manager of Mentor Programs will also oversee other volunteer and mentor initiatives within the high school program, which includes career panels, networking events, and targeted mentoring opportunities for younger Scholars. The position reports to the Senior Program Manager of 11th Grade.
- Recruit, interview, screen, match, and train 250 new mentors each year.
- In coordination with the Communications department, work to create marketing materials for mentor recruitment.
- Collaborate with SEO’s Junior Leadership Board to determine and execute a strategy for mentor recruitment and engagement.
- Develop process for assessing mentor personality and interests to ensure appropriate matching.
- In coordination with Program Managers, match all 11th Grade Scholars with mentors.
- Continue to develop training and orientation materials for mentors.
- Serve as the primary contact person for mentors. Communicate announcements and updates as needed.
- Conduct and review mid-year and end-year surveys for mentors and Scholars.
- Review electronic communications between mentors and Scholars.
- Serve as the on-site lead for the mentoring program on Saturdays. Conduct mentor Opening Circle for mentors and run feedback sessions for mentors.
- In coordination with program staff, match mentors with students for special mentoring initiatives as needed.
- Collaborate with the Scholars Mentor Council to create a supportive and engaging community for all SEO Scholars volunteers.
Additional Volunteer Management
- Oversee volunteer initiatives throughout the high school program such as Networking Day and Mock Admissions Day.
- Collaborate with SEO College Scholars, Career, Law and Alternative Investments to align volunteer efforts across all programs.
- Attend city-wide events to represent SEO Scholars and recruit new volunteers.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers.
- Work with Communications department to create marketing materials for all volunteer events.
- Assist in the execution of 11th Grade programming, including student management.
- Organize special events and initiatives for Scholars (community service events, etc.).
- Provide support for the 11th grade enrichment program process. Coordinate with enrichment program partner organizations and facilitate application workshops for students as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple deadlines preferred
- Experience working with first-generation college students preferred
- Experience overseeing a mentoring program preferred
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-orientation, and ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
- Superior written/oral communication & presentation skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Highly resourceful and solutions-oriented
- Sound judgment, maturity, and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills preferred
- Must be available to work approximately 16-18 Saturdays per year as well as some evenings as needed
Please email your application to ScholarsStaffing@seo-usa.org using the following conventions:
- Subject: Manager of Mentor Programs – First Name Last Name
- Body of Email: Include name, and contact information
- Attach: Cover letter and resume saved as First Name Last Name_cover letter & First Name Last Name_resume
Minimum Education Required