Details: $28-$32/hr DOE
6380 Wilshire Boulevard
Job Title: Part-time Bookkeeper (10-12 hours per week)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Bookkeeper provides support for all aspects of organizational financial operations, including but not limited to payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
· Oversee contract invoicing requirements: work with program staff to maintain all contract records and contact info, prepare invoices and submit for payment, and track overdue invoices
· Maintain and track accounts payable records and vendor information
· Administrate payroll, including maintaining records for employee time allocations, health insurance and retirement contributions
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, accounting or a related field
- Three years of nonprofit accounting and financial experience using Quickbooks Online
- Professional demeanor and strong verbal and written communication skills
- U.S. citizen or legal resident with the right to work in the US
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Fluency in Quickbooks online and MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
About Plug In America: Plug In America is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with a mission to accelerate the transition to plug-in vehicles powered by clean, affordable, domestic electricity. Our goal is to reduce our nation’s dependence on petroleum, improve public health and reduce climate altering emissions of greenhouse gases. In addition to policy advocacy, we help consumers understand and embrace the benefits of electric driving. To achieve our mission, we provide practical, objective information to help consumers decide whether an electric car is right for their lifestyle and to choose the best plug-in vehicle, equipment and services that meet their needs. As a supporter-driven advocacy group representing the voice of the EV customer globally, Plug In America is uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholder and market actors, including state agencies, electric utilities, automakers and auto dealers. Plug In America founded National Drive Electric Week, the world’s largest celebration of the plug-in vehicle, which welcomed over 120,000 attendees across 276 events in 2017, spanning all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process: Applications should include a resume and cover letter. The application process will also include a brief financial test for select applicants. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com, with the subject line “Bookkeeper”. No phone inquiries please. Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer.