Looking for a cause to believe in? Want to know what makes us, us? The Imagine Scholar community is built around a shared purpose, what we like to call our 'WHY'. Established by the students and staff of the program, we commit and aim to:
Awaken the confidence to step outside our comfort zones
Cultivate the extraordinary in ourselves
Develop the courage to do the right thing
Be empowered to inspire our community and the world
Sound like something you could get behind? Then consider joining our inspiring team and community in rural South Africa as our new Communication Facilitator.
The class session we’re hiring for:
The class you will be co-facilitating, which is called the Open Minded Meaning Makers Lab (O.M.M.M. Lab for short) is focused on how to make an impact with your ideas, developing intellectual humility, and being an empathetic communicator. If you are passionate about reading and writing and love to share this excitement with others, this is a great space for you, as we’ll use these two skills as the platform for our learning experience.
The Imagine Scholar community is a group of creative, inspired, driven youth and adults exploring their own development and learning. Being a part of the IS team means being a student. You'll have access to our expansive library of fiction and nonfiction books, like-minded staff from around the world, curious teenagers who love to share ted talks and articles with you, and the beautiful solitude of rural South Africa (a space to think, reflect, and grow yourself in whatever field you're interested in).
From day one, this will be an incredibly hands-on experience. As a small team, each staff member works on a variety of unique and impactful projects.
What kind of team member would thrive at our program? Well...
- Are you committed to continually learning and developing on a personal and professional level?
- Do you enjoying reading and/or writing and helping youth develop themselves in these areas?
- Do you enjoy exploring new ideas and asking questions?
- Are you looking to build multi-dimensional, mentoring relationships?
- Do you want to help inspired youth find out what it means to be extraordinary?
- Are you someone who likes to solve problems and is willing to step in to assist with whatever is needed?
- Are you willing to work hard for an inspiring cause?
- Are you passionate about innovative education?
If yes to all of the above, then, we're interested in meeting you! We firmly believe that those who share our 'why' and approach towards life will be able to quickly learn, implement and thrive with the work we do on-site (in Kamhlushwa, South Africa). Want to know more about our work, students, and educational program? Check out our website for more info: www.imaginescholar.org
Length: 6 months, with potential to extend to November or beyond if good fit
Start date: March 2018
End date: late August 2018 (with option of extension)
- Team members will live on site in Kamhlushwa, South Africa with the other Imagine Scholar staff in a simple, private bedroom. At any given time there are 4-7 international team members on site.
- Food, clean drinking water, running water, AC and unlimited internet access are also all provided for!
- The program associate will also be provided a R1500 rand ($100) per month starting living stipend.
- Round trip ground transportation (not airfare) will be arranged and covered by Imagine Scholar.
- Team members will be responsible for their round-trip airfare, extra off-site activities should they wish to partake in, or other personal travel expenses.
- Candidates who commit to a 6-month placement are offered a $1000 flight reimbursement check upon the completion of their commitment. Imagine Scholar will also reimburse all visa costs if candidate is staying beyond 6 months.
- Imagine Scholar offers additional reimbursement for team members who wish to participate in fundraising for the organization. This can be done before departure to help cover costs of initial flight. Please ask about this if interested!
-The goal is that you should be able to live the entire 6+ months without needing any personal funds.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and a written or video (a video is preferred!) personal statement as to why you're interested in this opportunity to email@example.com. Please, no generic cover letters! We want to see who you are, what you're all about and how you see yourself contributing to the Imagine Scholar family. Our organization is an amazing place to work - our team and students are fun, dynamic, and really personable. Thus, we're looking for excited and genuine candidates. Tell us about your skills and quirks. Anything that makes you, you! Please also provide the following information:
1. Where you saw this post
2. Your first available date and any required end dates/latest possible day you could stay