Assistant Director of Intervention Programs
- Job posted by New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault
Details: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
32 Broadway Suite 1101
The New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault (the Alliance) strives to prevent sexual violence and reduce the harm it causes through education, research and advocacy. It is the only city-wide organization that represents the needs of survivors of sexual assault and the programs that serve them
We are currently seeking an experienced, dedicated and creative professional in the field of sexual assault to join the leadership team at the Alliance. The Assistant Director of Intervention Programs is responsible for all intervention-related initiatives at the Alliance. This includes development and implementation of all training activities of the Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Training Institute (SAFETI). SAFETI trains medical professionals in the provision of acute care and the collection of forensic evidence and provides multiple courses for medical professions as well as training for other social service professions in sexual assault and response to such disclosures. Additionally, the Assistant Director is responsible for leadership of the Alliance’s Direct Service program for survivors of sexual violence, Alliance for Advocacy (AFA). In this role, the Assistant Director provides supervision and oversight of programs and services for survivors. In addition, this position provides technical assistance on evidence informed, best acute care practices citywide. In positions of leadership of the Multi-Disciplinary Task Forces on Sexual Assault, the Assistant Director advocates for adoption of best intervention practices by the various responders to sexual assault.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Staffing and leading the direction of SAFETI, including outreach to programs and stakeholders about training needs
- Development, execution, and facilitation of new training programs and initiatives related to SAFETI, Intervention. and Campus
- Staffing and leading the direction of AFA, including supervision of program staff, provision of programming, and offering of services
- Supervision of the Alliance’s college campus programming, including intervention and prevention trainings and initiatives
- Management of grant contracts associated with the above listed programs, including developing and executing work plans, budget development, and reporting
- Direct supervision of staff and interns, including clinical supervision for social workers and social work interns
- Participation / co-leadership in various citywide coalitions and task forces
- Supporting the Policy Advocacy work of the Alliance
- Working with the Alliance leadership team to develop new programs and funding opportunities; working with Development, Communications, Prevention heads to develop cohesive strategies and content
Qualifications/Skills: Masters’ degree in Social Work required, LCSW strongly preferred. The Alliance is seeking candidates who possess:
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the field of sexual assault or related field;
- Experience developing and implementing training programs;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including supervision and development of staff;
- Experience in supervision of MSW interns, SIFI certification required;
- Knowledgeable in certification protocols and policies that result in the provision of quality intervention in sexual assault;
- Knowledge of evidence-based interventions and of trauma-informed practices; clinical experience in working directly with sexual violence survivors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interface with program partners and competently handle various media requests
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Experience working in or with health care settings;
- Experience working on policy issues;
- Dedication to using a social justice, anti-oppression framework in order to carry out work; and,
- Ability to work collaboratively and across issue area with diverse communities and institutions.
Generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This posting will be removed once the position has been filled.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to the attention of: Mary Haviland, Executive Director to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Assistant Director of Intervention Programs.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!