101 Royce Rd.
The Southwest Suburban Immigrant Project (SSIP) is looking for a Full-time youth organizer to join our team of organizers! This is an opportunity for a driven young person interested in exploring and building a career in social justice and electoral work, and ready to contribute to the participation of new citizens and young people in the democratic process.
- Is passionate about social justice and democratic participation.
- Understands or is directly impacted by the immigrant experience.
- Previous experience is not required, but the successful candidate should demonstrate a history of being active in their communities or campuses on issues that matter.
- Access to full-time use of a car for community outreach is necessary.
- Bilingual / Bi-cultural
- Affinity for working with youth
- Effective time management
- Public Speaking
- Other transferable skills
The youth organizer will be working with SSIP's team of organizers to recruit and build a base of young volunteers, interns and leaders to carry out intensive voter registration, voter education, and new voter mobilization as part of the New Americans Democracy Project. All work is non-partisan and issue-driven. Other responsibilities of the NADP Campaign include: data entry, community presenting, event planning, business canvassing, and working with SSIP partner schools, colleges & organizations.
The youth organizer will be working extensively out in the community, so flexibility and adaptability is a must. This is not a 9-5 position. An opportunity for growth after the NADP campaign is available.
- Entry level position
- Weekly mileage/phone reimbursement
- 5 days of paid training
- More information at first interview.
Please send your resume & cover letter to email provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applications should include a letter of interest and a current resume. Please submit by email to email@example.com