175 North Beacon Street
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Perkins School for the Blind, located near Boston, was the first school for the blind chartered in the United States in 1829. For over 180 years, Perkins School for the Blind has provided quality educational and residential services to students who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind, empowering them to reach their maximum potential. Perkins School for the Blind embraces diversity in ability, thought, culture and belief. We provide equal education and employment opportunities and value the unique talents and contributions of all of our students and staff.
The Development Department (Perkins Trust) is responsible for raising charitable donations in support of Perkins work to educate and empower children and young adults who are blind, deafblind or visually impaired with multiple disabilities. The department raises approximately $9 million annually from individuals and institutions.
Reporting to the Director of Development Operations (DDO), the Administrative Assistant supports the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the DDO and the Development team as a whole through a wide-range of administrative activities, including support of Board of Trustee and Corporator meetings, management of calendars and external/internal correspondence, and coordination of special projects. Coordinates office supplies, space and equipment, and assists with searches and orientation of new employees.
- Manage all aspects of scheduling for the CDO; manage interaction with President’s Office around calendars, correspondence and meeting preparation.
- Provide support to CDO and Development Officer for lead volunteer committees, including the Trust Board, Committee on Trustees and the Corporators. Compile fundraising area updates for Board of Trustees meetings.
- Act as primary contact for donor service related communications and questions. Answer phone calls and monitor/respond to general donor email box.
- Perform constituent record upkeep in Raiser’s Edge as needed and including donor portfolio management for CDO.
- Coordinate signing and mailing of certain donor and event acknowledgments.
- Assist with fundraising special events, including event preparations and staffing the events themselves.
- Work with the DDO and across the department to compile and monitor Development budget; coordinate with the Business Office to process reimbursements and invoices.
- Organize development staff meetings, including catering as well as occasional special events.
- Provide staff support for open position searches, including scheduling interviews and tracking candidate materials. Prepare orientation materials for new Trust staff and handle logistics of their onboarding.
- Oversee maintenance of office equipment, work order process, and serve as liaison to IT and Facilities departments and vendors. Order, organize and monitor office supplies for department. Pick up and deliver mail.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and work collaboratively with Trust team on special projects.
- Collaborate with and provide back up for the Events Specialist & the Development Assistant.
Bachelor’s Degree required and a minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
Knowledge/experience of Raiser’s Edge or similar database software preferred.
Benefits: We provide a complete benefits package which includes tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, LTD and Life insurance, retirement programs and staff development and training.
Perkins seeks to enhance its community of intellectually, culturally, and socially diverse individuals to enrich the educational experience of our students. Applicants from a multicultural background, are bilingual, and/or who have relevant life experience are encouraged to apply.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Minimum Education Required