8403 Colesville Road
Company: Community Preservation & Development Corporation (part of Enterprise Community)
Department: Community Impact Strategies
Location: Silver Spring, MD
The Data Analyst (also called Data Support Specialist (DSS)) supports the planning, development, and implementation of data management systems to track demographics and efforts, and measure outcome indicators for the Community Preservation and Development Corporation’s Community Impact Strategies department (CIS). Support will include system maintenance, data quality assurance, staff training, report building, and technical support. The Data Analyst assists in the management of applications that may include Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), SalesForce, or other business intelligence applications to build and create custom reports from raw data.
As a member of the CIS Evaluations and Outcomes unit, the Data Analyst assists in training and providing ongoing support to staff on the data management system applications, and assists in monitoring and maintaining the quality and timelines of the data.
The Data Analyst provides high quality customer service in a multitasking team environment. This position analyzes data, coordinates and conducts surveys and assessments, prepare reports, trains staff, and encourages a culture of performance management.
The Data Analyst reports to the Director of Evaluation and Outcomes.
- Assist in CIS database account management activities and provide technical support to end-users.
- Independently develops and implements quality assurance processes to identify and resolve recurring data quality and data integrity issues, while documenting data quality standards and quality assurance processes.
- Assist in developing and delivering training and support to staff on data collection responsibilities and processes. Manages technical training resources and aides in the development of new materials as needed.
- Proactively identifies and implements opportunities for data collection improvements.
- Designs and builds custom reports in ETO and/or other applications as needed.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of constituent surveying and assessments and responds to other data requests for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and certifications.
- Prior experience in database administration, data system management, database architecture, data collection, data analysis, and data reporting.
- Expertise in Microsoft office suite is with advanced Microsoft Excel skills, that include the ability to utilize pivot tables and create macros.
- Detailed-oriented, consistently meet deadlines, work well within a team environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently prioritize workloads and manage multiple deadlines.
- Familiar with Data Visualization or Dashboard Design and customizations.
- Prior experience with ETO, SalesForce, R, Tableau and familiarity with other data analysis applications is preferred.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research including conducting interviews, and collecting, cleaning, coding, and analyzing data sets is desirable.
- Experience working in affordable housing or community-based social service non-profit is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and take initiative.
Minimum Education Required