Details: Compensation to be determined upon hire.
South Shore Homeless Network Coordinator
Program Planning & Evaluation
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, job training and placement, and prevention services for individuals and families in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent supportive housing, a more efficient model of care for families experiencing homelessness, commitment to an enhanced delivery model to reduce the need for shelter, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals. Our staff are thoughtful and caring individuals who share our passion for these ideals and creative approaches to helping people improve their lives.
We offer a generous benefits package and a comprehensive orientation and training program, as well as ample opportunities for advancement for qualified individuals who show a commitment to our Mission.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring seeks a highly organized self-starter to coordinate initiatives to reduce and prevent homelessness in Brockton, Quincy, Plymouth and the surrounding region. Father Bill’s & MainSpring will act as the lead administrator and convener of this effort to coordinate a diverse array of stakeholders to advance the region’s plans for ending homelessness, and to oversee implementation of the coordinated entry system that provides access to housing resources. 5+ years’ experience managing programs and Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Manage the data base of agencies in the network for streamlined tracking and communication, and engagement
· Schedule meetings, prepare planning documents, facilitate strategic discussions, and assist with other tasks for the network, executive committee, and related work groups and committees.
· Gather, present and analyze data on homelessness in the region (in coordination with the Data Manager), and make programmatic and policy recommendations based on data analysis.
· Develop and maintain information about the network for the Father Bill’s & MainSpring website and for other marketing and educational purposes.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the network’s Coordinated Entry system to meet HUD compliance and regional goals, while working in close collaboration with the Father Bill’s & MainSpring management team.
- Provide regular training to network members on the Coordinated Entry system.
- Conduct annual evaluation of the Coordinated Entry system and facilitate performance improvement processes.
- Monitor federal and state policies and regulations related to the network and Coordinated Entry, and advise regional stakeholders on compliance and other implications.
- Partner with regional stakeholders to develop strategies for improving outcomes of the homeless service system.
- Assist with other tasks related to Father Bill’s & MainSpring’s infrastructure and operation of this initiative.
- Assist with the preparation, writing, and submission of the annual HUD Continuum of Care NOFA and Annual Performance Report for the Coordinated Entry initiative.
- Carry out other tasks related to the organization and planning of the South Shore Network.
Skills & Competencies:
· Empathy: An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
· Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers, and representation of Father Bill’s & MainSpring within the organization and the community.
· Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors and constituents; Articulates the goals of Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
· Record-Keeping: Routine clerical or record-keeping incidental to the essential responsibilities of the job (including, but not limited to, data entry and case file updates).
· Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
· Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
· Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
· Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
· Work Ethic: Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and adheres to the Operating Principles of Father Bill’s & MainSpring and works as part of a team toward a common goal.
· Safety & Security: Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
· Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
· Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Must be able to verbally convey detailed information or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly. Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Average visual acuity is necessary.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate in subject line of email position you are applying for.