The Foundation is a dynamic organization serving more than 1.6 to 3.1 million patients through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. Every team member EMPOWERS patients and their families to make informed decisions about their own healthcare, INSPIRES by helping them tell their stories and CONNECTS the community so no one ever has to feel alone in their IBD journey.
How you can help us change lives: Working in partnership with one of the country's most dynamic, progressive voluntary health organizations, you will be an integral part of building the community of patients, families, and business partners at a time when Take Steps is becoming one of the nonprofit sector's fastest growing walk campaigns. As Walk Director, and guided by senior development professionals, you'll help accomplish our critical mission agenda through developing relationships with volunteer leaders and fundraisers, nurturing corporate partnerships and their creative thinking, which will empower them to succeed.
Together we’ll reach the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's goals for funding our critical mission agenda.
Directly responsible for campaign: Atlanta Take Steps, with a goal of raising $320,000 and Savannah Take Steps with a goal of raising $30,000..
- Develop and implement a three-year strategic plan to drive significant revenue growth and engage close to 1200 participants across the campaign markets
- Build partnerships in the community that result in additional revenue committee members, corporate walk teams, and/or corporate sponsorship dollars.
- Identify, recruit and mobilize high-level business and community leaders to serve as corporate chair and revenue committee members
- Lead effective meetings with trackable action items and effective follow-up for the revenue committee, planning committee, and all subcommittees.
- Create individualized fundraising strategies with walk teams, volunteers, and participants, to maximum YOY growth
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate outreach strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain event participants and sponsors
- Develop and implement an annual operational plan that includes a detailed budget, team development, corporate development, volunteer development, and logistic plans
- Develop a marketing and promotional plan to enhance visibility of the Take Steps program and build new community partnerships
- Create and maintain timelines, budgets and logistical needs for campaign events
- Hire and partner with contract vendor on seasonal logistic support of event.
- Organize year-round volunteer personnel and manage 100 day-of volunteers per event
- Provide an inspirational day-of event experience for participants.
- Learn and speak knowledgably on the Foundation’s mission, including, research initiatives, support services, and resources.
- Attend all chapter Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis walks
- Follow all campaign policies, procedures and best practices
- Assure proper use and management security and upkeep of the Foundation facilities, equipment and documents
- Other duties as assigned
- A commitment to provide hope to our patients, professionals and wider community through the Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis walks.
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively across departments at all levels of the organization (both internally & externally)
- A drive to succeed and a willingness to learn
- A commitment to embrace our core values of building trust, accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and resiliency
- College graduate with relevant experience
- Minimum 5-7 years fundraising experience, peer to peer fundraising campaign experience preferred
- Significant skills in planning and budgeting
- Strong background in volunteer development and experience in working with volunteer committees
- Excellent computer skills
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses
- Flexible and adaptable
- Sense of humor
- Articulate in person and on the phone
- Meticulous attention to detail
Minimum Education Required