Who We Are
I Support the Girls (ISTG) is a global non-profit organization that collects bras and feminine hygiene products and distributes them to girls and women experiencing homelessness. In the 3 years since our inception, we have donated over 400,000 bras and 2.5 million menstrual hygiene products to 400 charities and helped over 200,000 girls and women via our 50 global affiliates. We partner with corporations and charities to make magic happen for people in need. For more info: iSupportTheGirls.com
What We're Seeking
ISTG is looking for an energetic, motivated, flexible.... *takes a breath* self-starter A-Type who will be responsible for making sure ISTG’s operations are on point! You’ll work directly with ISTG’s Executive Director on projects that range from administrative (data entry and office work) to professional (responding appropriately to all who contact us, whether it’s the CDC needing menstrual products, or your grandma wanting to donate bras) to awesome (going to parties and social events hosted by the influencers who support us). The Project Coordinator will also work and coordinate with our entire staff to ensure everything runs smoothly internally.
Additionally, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for keeping up our online presence. That means keeping us current on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat and making sure the website is up to date.
To be able to do all of this, you need to have 2-4 years relevant work experience, either in public or private sectors, where you’ve been responsible for actually talking to people, for engaging in teamwork with others, for getting your hands dirty. If you are passionate, highly organized, and competent, let’s talk. There’s a ton of administrative work with this position, so please note that will be a huge part of this job.
Who You Are
First of all, you're fun to be around. You have a passion for issues related to women's health, women's dignity and self-respect. You’re a Jill of All Trades Fancypants.
- You MUST live in the greater metro D.C. area! We’ve been told that Cody, Wyoming is beautiful but it’s a bit of a far commute to our office
- You are the person that friends look to for scheduling. You can recall data and pull it at a moment’s notice. You’re a self-starter. You’re highly detailed and uber organized. Seriously. You’ll be juggling a huge variety of awesomeness. Your friends might snarkily call you Type A. We say: Bring it!
- You can set goals, plan steps to reach them, and then DO IT
- You must have a car to travel as needed around the metro Washington, D.C. area, work in our office in Wheaton, Maryland and manage our warehouse in Rockville, MD.
- You have the ability to work from our Wheaton, Maryland office 4-5 days per week. After the first 6 months on the job in Wheaton, that will be reduced to 1-2 days per week and the rest at your home. Which means working from home in your pajamas (we don’t judge)!
- While it’s not necessary to have advanced Canva skills, a good eye for design and the ability to source and edit images is a must-have
- Speaking of images, you need to be able to create eye-catching and innovative images for your social media and blog posts
- You have a B.A. degree or higher
Project coordinator duties include:
- Managing our warehouse in Rockville, product inventory processing and shipping
- Liaise with recipient organizations
- Donor, volunteer and database management
- Admin support which includes: Manage ED’s calendar; participate in staff calls, take notes and distribute; keep events calendar up to date; schedule travel plans for staff; manage org’s main email account
- Support our affiliates both on and offline
- Work on communications and public relations projects
- Website maintenance (Wordpress) and data analysis (Analytics)
- Manage multiple social media accounts, create new content based on content calendar
Previous experience includes some/all of the following:
a) Being the face behind the logo, representing a project, program, or movement
b) Involvement with public advocacy campaigns
c) Managing small/large projects- including clerical work, minding the small details and seeing the project thru to a successful completion
d) Communications and marketing work
What You’ll Get
You will have the opportunity to make a difference, and positively impact hundreds of thousands of people. We believe that empowered women, empower women, and that is what we seek to do. You’ll be making an impact in your community as well as beyond. You’ll have a lot of freedom, but with great freedom comes great responsibility. If you step up, you have unlimited potential for growth. After the initial six months, you can do all this superpower work from the comfort of your pajamas part of each week. And athleisure for the other days. Unless there’s an event, and then it’s all sass. If you've read this job description and decided to apply, please type the word "bra" in your first line of your cover letter.
Telework, monthly medical stipend, fun workforce, casual dress code.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required