Grant Writer/Manager, Corporate and Foundation Grants (Remote)
- Job posted by Alliance for a Healthier Generation
The Grant Writer/Manager, Corporate and Foundation Grants provides high-level, strategic support to Healthier Generation’s efforts to secure funding from Corporations, Foundations, Government and other Institutions for both unrestricted and restricted purposes in the high six figure range. In this capacity, s/he is responsible for researching, writing and assembling grant proposals, materials and reports to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will communicate Healthier Generation goals, mission and programs to potential funders in a compelling and strategic manner.
S/he will actively conduct research, create and submit grant requests to position Healther Generation to secure new funding and renew and upgrade existing support. This position will represent Healther Generation to current and potential funders by making presentations, developing proposals and reports. S/he will continually seek out opportunities for stewardship and cultivation of both current and potential funders, including arranging and leading site visits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as the lead in writing grant proposals, letters of inquiry, applications and grant reports
· Collaborate with program staff and leadership on concept ideation and program development
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of the materials incorporated into proposals, reports, budgets, and financial reports.
· Act as a liaison between Development and Program/Finance with respect to issues related to Foundation funding, including new programmatic initiatives and financial challenges
· Work with VP of Development as well as other members of senior leaders and the CEO to research, identify, and prioritize potential funding opportunities
· Work with VP of Development to set annual goals for funds raised from donors, and action plan to meet those goals through contributions from renewals and new grants monies.
· Conduct outreach to potential funders and manage relationships in service to annual fundraising goal.
· Establish language to effectively communicate Healther Generation goals, mission and programs to potential funders in a clear and compelling manner that inspires support
· Create and maintain the case for support and need statements for the organization and its programs and adjust these statements when necessary to align with the interests of potential funders and specific funding opportunities
· Conduct research and maintain knowledge of the childhood obesity landscape, current trends, publications and key data, as well as a deep understanding of Healther Generation programs, evaluation and effectiveness
· Maintain regular communication with program staff to ensure that information and data is accurate and updated on a regular basis
· Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Department to ensure that external messaging regarding Healther Generation, its programs, data, impact, and success stories as related to Foundation fundraising are in line with approved organizational protocol
· Ensure compliance with all funder guidelines in grant submission and reporting
· Coordinate timelines to ensure adherence to funder deadlines and to allow for adequate input, involvement and review from leadership, programs and finance
· Cultivate productive working relationships with colleagues from all initiatives and departments, especially as related to the roles of other teams in the grants process
· Maintain current records in database and shared systems, including grant tracking and reporting
· Provide writing support for other development efforts, including acknowledgements, stewardship, cultivation and funding requests as needed
· Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Outstanding editing and writing skills, with strong attention to detail
· Ability to effectively manage projects of increasing complexity
· Ability to learn new program details and concepts quickly
· Ability to articulate effectively the complex concepts involved in Healther Generation’s work, especially programs and initiatives for which we are seeking funding
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a virtual team environment
· Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work effort with other staff and departments
· Familiarity with technology to support the development process, including CRM, databases and research tools
· Required frequent travel by car or plane up to 10% of the time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience; public health background preferred.
· Five years of experience writing grants for a nonprofit organization.
· Grant writing experience in health, children’s services, hunger, collective impact fundraising
· Demonstrated experience with implementing fundraising plans and identifying, cultivating and securing new funding
· Proven track record of securing grants totalling at least $10 million annually.
· Experience with managing complex and competing projects and deadlines
· Additional formal training in fundraising or grant writing preferred
This job description is subject to change at any time.
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- 100% Remote Work
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health and Dependent Care
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Mentor Program
- Professional Development
- Wellness, Cell Phone and Home Office Stipends
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter on our website.