180 E. Ocean Blvd. Ste. 500
Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, women, veteran's, and disabled.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Manage all Internet marketing and fundraising strategies including Divisional website coordination, electronic communications and other digital fundraising initiatives within the Division. Work closely with the Community Relations team on integrated campaigns, social media, and special events. Curate and develop new online marketing strategies for the purpose of fundraising, prospecting and donor engagement.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Divisional Website including developing new content and interactive features, managing events calendar, news releases, blog, fundraising campaigns, general information and any needed updates to the site
- Manage the Division’s email program and department templates, including participation in drafting, editing and proofing; managing the email schedule and approval process; as well as uploading and segmenting emails
- Ensures that all online fundraising efforts are executed on time, properly source coded and tracked for gift entries
- Provide quarterly reports to track and analyze all email and site metrics to improve site and email performance
- Collaborate with Database Manager and Donor Processors to synchronize online database with donor and gift information
- Maintain and develop a master content calendar for all web priorities
- Report to the Direct Marketing Director and work with vendor to perform various testing and list development to improve data integrity and increase revenue and performance
- Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator on quarterly volunteer e-newsletter
- Responsible for managing, promoting and reporting on Online Red Kettle
- Develop new internet marketing strategies, features, and content for the Divisional website in coordination with the Communications and Direct Marketing departments
- Monitor and provide oversight, training, and assistance to any Corps or Program website, including support and direction for the creation of new websites and management of existing sites
- Assist maintenance of the Division’s online presence by collaborating with the Communications Relations Dept. on social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and any emerging sites
- Assist with monitoring, training, and direct assistance to any Corps or Program social networking sites, including support and direction for the creation of new social networking profiles or blogs, and management of existing profiles or blogs
- Create strategies, content, formatting, and graphics for e-communications to donors, including e-appeals, e-newsletters, and e-alerts. Consult with Community Relations Dept. on editorial components
- Provide online support to Divisional headquarter staff and field as necessary
- Update and manage e-communication subscriber database
- Stay informed on emerging online technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, trainings and events
- Manage online media library, development and production of in-house artwork and graphic design for online marketing and print marketing material
- Manage the Division’s mobile fundraising, viral marketing (P2P fundraising) and other emerging digital fundraising tools
- Support Direct Marketing team and Development Department as needed
- All other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Must be able to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- BA Degree or related field
- Minimum one year of marketing and fundraising experience
- Online marketing experience a must
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Photoshop a must, Adobe’s Creative Suite Preferred
- Experience with e-marketing platform, Blackbaud Internet Solutions preferred
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, Content Management Systems and basic internet software
- Skilled in donor database and reporting systems
- Ability to type 55 WPM.
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Must adhere to all policies and procedure of The Salvation Army
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong facilitation and project management skills
- Ability to provide a high level of support/guidance to staff and field as needed
- Ability to carry out assignments independently with good time management skills.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge of graphics creation and integration
- Ability to develop creative marketing concepts
- Ability to develop and manage new initiatives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time to completion on a timely basis
- Results driven
- Must maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Medical and Dental
Minimum Education Required