Under the direction of the Director of Reentry & Victim Services and the Reentry Program Manager, the Reentry Case Manager will work to serve clients in the community through our Starter Kit Program. The CM will be responsible for a case load of an estimated 20-25 women, who will receive laptops, PPE, and other essential items for reentering the community after prison and jail. Additionally the CM will conduct outreach to notify clients of program offerings, hold life skills groups in the community and in the jail, conduct client intakes, and other duties related to the smooth operation of the Starter Kit program.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Katherine Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. Preferred Qualifications
· Experience working with reentry and/or prisons and jails
· Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, such as social work, criminal justice, or psychology
C. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Interview clients to determine nature and degree of services needed and help her to develop attainable goals.
2. Work with reentry clients to develop short range goals and release/discharge plans while incarcerated or in the community. In conjunction with clients’ goals, the Case Manager will help women identify safe housing for after their stay with us and coordinate the client’s connection/reconnection with community-based mental health and drug treatment programs when appropriate.
3. Make referrals to appropriate CFLS internal programming and community providers. Coordinate any intake processes including but not limited to helping the women complete application forms; work with DOC and CTF to obtain other needed documentation.
4. Work with CFLS Legal Department to address client legal needs; Parenting program to ensure clients have access to parenting curriculum; and employment program to ensure clients have job search assistance.
5. Ensure needs of reentry transitional housing clients are met and complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Housing.
6. Work with Reentry Program Manager to strategize difficult cases.
7. Conduct regular group sessions or record videos on life skills for Fairview, CTF, and community partners. Work with attendees to conduct one-on-one intakes and needs assessments.
8. Maintain community relationships in order to ensure smooth referrals.
9. Work with other case managers to promote cross-program collaboration. Provide leadership and guidance where needed.
10. Maintain accurate and confidential records of clients and services provided in Apricot database. Track referrals and input case notes in a timely manner. Conduct follow-up to track and record recidivism and other outcomes after referrals are made.
11. Engage in case management supervision meetings with an LCSW at least quarterly.
12. Enter data for any reentry women into ETO database.
13. Provide reports and regular updates to director and program manager when requested.
14. Other duties as assigned
Under the direction of the Director of Reentry & Victim Services and the Reentry Program Manager, the Reentry Case Manager will work to serve clients in the community through our Starter Kit Program. The CM will be responsible for a case…