Details: Commensurate with experience
435 Warren Street
Bridge Boston Charter School is a comprehensive, full-service public school that opened in the fall of 2011 with 72 children in K1 and K2. This year the school holds grades K1-7 with 335 students. We are chartered to expand through 8th grade. Bridge Boston Charter School’s mission is to help our students thrive in a challenging, joyful, inclusive public school community that values close partnerships with families and a focus on the whole child. Through full-service programming, Bridge Boston Charter School works to remove the health and social obstacles that hinder student learning. This year we are serving students who are 39% ELL, 24% SPED, and 20% who have been or are currently homeless. To serve our students and fulfill our mission, the school is chartered to run an extended year and extended day program.
We are seeking a talented, compassionate, committed elementary school teacher to work in a comprehensive, full-service school dedicated to meeting the needs of traditionally underserved children. The ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced, collaborative environment and being part of building a growing school. Class size is typically 18-20 students. This position is full-time and reports to the Division Head. Salary is based on the level of experience and education.
· Develop and implement curriculum in collaboration with other teachers
· Deliver dynamic and creative instruction
· Identify students who are not meeting benchmarks and plan appropriate interventions
· Administer assessments, address findings, and integrate use of data to improve instruction
· Mentor a teaching fellow
· Meet and communicate with parents/guardians
· Serve as an advisor for a group of students
· Collaborate with other teachers and administrators
· Fulfill other duties as assigned
· Master’s degree in elementary education much preferred
· At least 2 to 3 years of experience teaching in an elementary school or early learning center
· Must have completed MTEL by the end of their first year with Bridge Boston or have MA teachers licensure, including SEI endorsement
· Excellent organizational skills, personal skills and the willingness to be a team player
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Real commitment to life-long learning
· Demonstrated cultural competence and sensitivity; belief in the value of diversity
· Life-long learner; willingness to make and learn from mistakes; values and solicits critical feedback
· Sense of humor and joy
· Bilingual Spanish, Haitian-Creole, or Cape Verdean Creole highly desirable
More information about the school is available at www.bridgebostoncharterschool.org. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Daly; please send to email@example.com.
Bridge Boston Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. Inquiries concerning Bridge Boston’s compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws may be directed to the Executive Director, 435 Warren Street, Roxbury, MA 02119, phone: 857-229-1601.
Minimum Education Required