Details: Commensurate with experience
160 Federal Street
MHP is a mission-based, self-supporting public agency that works with state government and with business, civic and community leaders to increase the supply of affordable housing across the Commonwealth. MHP uses bank lines of credit and other capital funding to provide long-term loans for affordable rental housing. Since 1990, MHP has provided over $1.2 billion in loans and commitments for the financing of more than 24,987 units of rental housing.
MHP also helps communities build affordable housing and has provided technical assistance in over 300 Massachusetts communities. MHP’s first-time homebuyer programs – formerly SoftSecond and now ONE Mortgage – have helped almost 21,000 low- and moderate-income families purchase their first home with over $3.5 billion in private financing. In 2017, MHP created a new Center for Housing Data to strengthen its operations and support new state policies to increase housing production.
Job summary: The Massachusetts Housing Partnership is seeking analytical support for its Center for Housing Data and Public Affairs teams. These teams provide data-driven public policy research and clear and effective marketing and communications strategies that enhance the housing conversation across the Commonwealth. The Data & Communications Analyst will assist the Center for Housing Data staff with data management, statistical analysis, GIS assignments, and data visualization tasks. The Data & Communications Analyst will also maintain, update and track information and materials related to MHP’s public affairs operations, including managing contact databases, contributing to social media strategies and analyzing website traffic.
This unique position is ideal for candidates looking to build on existing analytical skills in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization.
- Conduct analysis to support MHP’s Center for Housing Data in its efforts to communicate critical housing issues and drive better policy outcomes
- Provide GIS support and other geographical analysis
- Perform data collection tasks and database management
- Undertake policy research to provide context for MHP’s initiatives
- Create data visualizations that effectively communicate quantitative information to a wide audience
Compile presentation materials
- Help provide public-facing content to support and promote the work of all MHP teams
- Support MHP’s community assistance team in publicizing its trainings and updating its online resource www.housingtoolbox.org
- Help keep the MHP web site and social media platforms current, and track web site analytics
- Manage MHP marketing mailing lists to maximize outreach
- Support other activities as may be necessary to advance the goals of MHP and the data team through data analysis, research, and visual or written communications.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience working with databases
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to affordable housing
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with Decennial census, American Community Survey, Bureau of Labor Statistics and other data sources preferred
- Experience with ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, R programming or similar statistical computing software, and/or coding language, or willingness to learn
MHP provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, dental, and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a public transportation benefit, educational assistance, paid time off and family leave, and a fully vested employer-matched retirement plan. MHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required