District of Columbia
The organization's Washington, D.C. office seeks a stellar Marketing and Communications Fellow interested in obtaining firsthand experience in a nonprofit environment. The Marketing and Communications Department drives brand strategy, leads organizational storytelling across multiple platforms, and manages "grassroots" marketing and fundraising, including the management of the organization's flagship child sponsorship program. The Marketing and Communications Fellow will work directly with the Senior Manager, Annual Giving and Stewardship.
The Fellow will support marketing, donor engagement, and fundraising efforts to help grow our mid-level donor and sponsorship programs. Assignments would include research, story development, writing, and strategic fundraising planning. Some responsibilities will require cross department collaboration as well as possible coordination with donors or other external facing audiences.
Key Responsibilities and Learnings:
- Assist in the research and production of Mid-Level communications to donors and sponsors
- Assist in developing multichannel marketing strategy for Mid-Level Donors
- Research current trends in non-profit Mid-Level giving and Sponsorship programs
- Proposal and collateral development and prospect research.
- Story development and writing support for Mid-Level and Major gifts programs.
- Coordinate thank you notes and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Learn about the mechanics of a direct marketing program and the donor life-cycle from acquisition to retention to reactivation
- Learn different methods of relationship building with individual and segmented groups of donors
Ideal candidate should possess:
- A BA Degree; Non-profit or Marketing, Journalism or International Relations desired
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong proofreading, grammar and copywriting skills
- Excellent computer skills, including and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and participate in cross-departmental planning
- Impeccable attention to detail while overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
- A collaborative and professional team spirit
- A high level of integrity and commitment to the highest quality of work
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ready to make a significant contribution in a rapidly growing organization
- Strong affinity to the cause and mission of SOS Children's Villages.
- Candidate must present proof of authorization to work in the United States.
The fellowship will support specified initiatives for a 6-month period. There is a stipend offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website above. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.