1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
About Power to Decide
Power to Decide, the campaign to prevent unplanned pregnancy, believes that all young people should have the opportunity to pursue the future they want, realize their full possibility, and follow their intentions. These beliefs guide our work to ensure that all young people have the power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to get pregnant and have a child. We provide objective, evidence- based information about sexual health and contraceptive options, and we work to guarantee equitable access to and information about the full range of contraceptive methods. We are a national, non-partisan organization that is committed to common ground, common sense solutions and catalyzing innovation in the public and private sectors.
The Digital Product Senior Manager will design and manage the ongoing improvement and growth of Power to Decides’ signature program Bedsider.org, the Bedsider birth control reminder app, PowertoDecide.org and other digital products that are developed by Power to Decide. These properties offer an exciting opportunity to help people take proactive control of their sexual and reproductive health. The Digital Product Senior Manager will report to the Senior Director, Digital Programs and Education, and will work closely with designers, developers, subject matter experts, and researchers to deepen the engagement of users. The ideal candidate will have a unique blend of technical and business skills, and the ability to make product strategy a reality within a fast-paced, iterative product development cycle.
The specific duties of the Digital Product Senior Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a compelling product strategy, roadmap, requirements, and target metrics for Bedsider.org, powertodecide.org, and related sites
- Work with and manage visual designers, developers, subject matter experts, and researchers to execute product vision
- Deliver top-notch user experience across products ● Create wireframes and other UX documentation
- Serve as primary contact between the organization and tech vendors
- Write functional specifications for developers
- Establish KPIs, and oversee regular and ongoing data analysis to inform product evolution
- Review and respond to user requests and feedback, design and conduct proactive user research, revise specifications and manage implementation of revisions based upon user research and feedback
- Drive innovation within Power to Decide digital products by staying up-to-speed on new technologies and digital trends and incorporating them into products
We are looking for someone who will think big, embrace innovation, and seek new ways of addressing issues. The successful candidate will be responsible, conscientious, adaptive, and resourceful. They will be value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives; be collaborative and proactive; and work effectively as part of an integrated cross-functional team. They will be able to comfortably embrace a non-ideological “big tent” approach to sexual health and unplanned pregnancy prevention, and be passionate about health equity and creating a culture in which all young people can thrive.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Bachelor's degree, Computer Science degree preferred; additional education/professional training a plus.
- 5-7+ years’ experience working in an agile, iterative product development process, including 3+ years developing consumer-facing digital products
- Demonstrable achievements defining, bringing to market and scaling top-notch digital products
- Strong judgment, with the ability to be strategic and decisive when balancing multiple competing priorities
- Strong knowledge of digital user experience, and comfort conducting user interviews and lean user research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively present information and interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
The Digital Product Senior Manager is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience and Power to Decide has an excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, and generous leave. Power to Decide is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive, multicultural environment. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, parenting status (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniformed service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required