Details: $34,000 - 40,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Lillian’s List Action Fund seeks a creative fundraiser with the dedication to support our expanding impact!
Since 1997, Lillian’s List has been at the forefront of changing the face of power in North Carolina, recruiting, training, and mentoring emerging progressive women leaders who support reproductive freedom and are interested in running for state or local office. Through Lillian’s List Action Fund, a 501c(4) and its affiliated Political Action Committee (PAC), Lillian’s List has identified over 800 progressive leaders, trained over 450 candidates, and supported nearly 100 women running for the legislature or Council of State. Last cycle, our PAC and members contributed more than $250,000 to our 16 Featured Candidates and was rated one of the top 25 PACs operating in the state. Lillian’s List seeks to expand our impact and develop a statewide progressive network to help identify, train, and support emerging women leaders.
The Development Associate will work under the supervision of our Development Director and will be based out of our Raleigh office. She will manage our events and membership programs to expand our thriving recruiting and training programs, as well as coordinate efforts to fundraise for our Featured Candidates during the election cycle. The successful candidate will be committed to reproductive freedom and nurturing women leaders with the ability to work with a diverse group of supporters, Board members, staff, and volunteers to meet our development goals and effectively assist our Featured Candidates.
· Commitment to Lillian’s List’s values and mission.
· Minimum two years experience in nonprofit or campaign fundraising.
· Must have experience in event planning, including managing event steering committees and/or volunteers, for large and small fundraisers.
· Experience with donor database management system required.
· Experience with direct-mail programs preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
· Demonstrated ability to raise funds via events, direct mail and personal solicitations.
1. Develop strategies and implement activities to identify, cultivate and solicit low to mid-level gifts up to $1000 (Lillian’s List Members and Sustainers) with new prospects and existing donors.
2. Manages a donor portfolio with the goal of generating individual gifts of up to $1000.
3. Responsible for meeting annual membership goal as assigned by the Executive Director and Development Director.
4. Manages all aspects of annual special events to grow donor prospect pool including logistics and volunteer management.
5. Manages Lillian’s List’s Collective Giving (bundling) program for our candidates, including any events and mailers as well as the data entry and the fund disbursement process.
6. Manages and maintains donor records through NGP database.
Donor and Cultivation Management:
· Actively manages a growing group of established donors and prospects.
· Coordinates with staff and volunteers to move prospects into and through a robust cultivation and solicitation program.
· Responsible for tracking donor pledge payments, sending pledge payment reminders and ensuring payments are made on schedule and in a timely manner.
· Maintains the “Cultivation Calendar” and the annual schedule of cultivation opportunities.
· Supports the major-gift solicitations processes for the Director of Development, Executive Director and volunteer solicitors through prospect research, creation of donor profiles and preparation of donor materials and presentations.
· In partnership with relevant staff, creates and executes timely, accurate and engaging donor communications via email, social media, traditional mail and the website.
· Manages the planning and implementation of highly successful, resource-conscious cultivation events (both large-to-midsize events and more intimate dinners and gatherings) worthy of Lillian’s List constituency, standards and brand. Responsible for ensuring seamless execution of all events.
· Works with the Development Director to ensure appropriate invitation/attendee lists, produce and mail engaging invitations, and coordinate exceptional event-day logistics.
· Coordinates all event volunteer steering committees and provides the leadership and support to ensure they meet event financial goals.
· Provides after-event analysis reporting, including debriefing with volunteer committees and others as appropriate.
· Works with the Development Director to identify collective giving opportunities for Lillian’s List candidates.
· Manages logistics for any collective giving events and mailings.
· Manages back-end database needs to facilitate collective giving through Lillian’s List’s website.
· Tracks all collective giving activity and provides reports as needed to the Development Director and Executive Director.
· Works directly with campaigns to coordinate timely disbursement of collective giving funds.
· Performs accurate, efficient, and strategic data entry to provide comprehensive constituent data and ensure a smooth cycle of cultivation, solicitation, and recognition.
· Creates and generates reports, queries, exports, and analysis.
· Is (or becomes) highly-proficient in NGP and serves as the lead database administrator and in-house expert.
· Performs timely gift entry and generation of acknowledgements. Donors should receive thank you letters within one week of making their gifts.
· Ensures data is clean, accurate and updated on a regular basis.
Excellent benefits include: paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and a matching Simple IRA.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications should include a letter of interest, resume, a brief professional writing sample, and list of at least three professional references, including contact information for each. Submit email applications with “Development Associate” in the subject line to:
Laura Tormey, Development Director
Lillian’s List Action Fund
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Lillian’s List is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons.