Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
We are seeking an organized, hands-on, energetic Head Teacher to teach a classroom of 20 young children, ages 3 to 4 years old, in an ACS-funded UPK daycare center located in a family homeless shelter in the South Bronx. Qualified candidates will have experience working with high-needs families and young children, and be able to thoughtfully and creatively address the needs of the children and families we serve.
· Collaborate with the program's director on daily lesson planning and curriculum development.
· Actively create and maintain a child-oriented and literacy-focused atmosphere.
· Interact closely with and supervise children at all times.
· Provide a balance of activities to meet the children's needs.
· BA/BS in early childhood education.
· NYS Early Childhood (Birth – 2nd Grade) certification.
· Minimum one year of experience as a Group Teacher in Early Childhood program.
· Must pass a background investigation which includes employment history and criminal background check.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer funded retirement benefits, life insurance, and ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave.
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHJobs
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required