Details: Compensation includes competitive salary.
University Professional &Technical Employees
CWA Local 9119
Local Administrator (Admin Assistant)
(Southern California – Based in Los Angeles)
UPTE, CWA Local 9119 is a member run, statewide union representing 16,000 University of California technical, research, and health care professionals.
UPTE-CWA is looking for an energetic and organized individual to fill the position of Local Administrator.
The Local Admin will be responsible for administrative support duties including:
- Receive and route telephone calls from regional campuses
- Receive and intake member calls/inquiries
- Receive and route e-mails from regional campuses
- Draft routine correspondence
- Order and maintain supplies for regional campuses, including regular travel to other Southern California campus offices
- Order and maintain office equipment for regional campuses
- Set up and maintain relationships with vendors
- Perform database runs and produce routine reports as well as special reports as requested
- Help maintain orderly membership database including updating membership locations and other information
- Provide administrative support to staff, executive board, committees, and members, as requested
- Design and maintain office organization systems
- Maintain a well organized office space
- Process membership applications and other internal documents
- Download, review and reconcile dues and new hire/change list on UPTE database
- Create and maintain e-mail distribution lists
- Draft and produce materials for mailings
- Maintain archive and backup systems for database and other electronic communications
- Coordinate logistics for meetings
- Coordinate logistics for union actions and support union actions
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits package as defined by the staff union CBA.
Minimum Education Required