Details: This position pays a salary commensurate with experience in the $50,000 range.
540 President Street, Suite 1A
Groundswell, one of New York's leading creative youth development organizations, dedicated to work at the intersection of social justice, youth development and artistic communication, seeks a Program Manager to oversee Groundswell’s portfolio of Master Studio Programs. Groundswell’s mission is to bring together youth, artists, and community partners, to make public art that advances social change, for a more just and equitable world. Our projects beautify neighborhoods, engage youth in societal and personal transformation, and give expression to ideas and perspectives that are underrepresented in the public dialog. The Master Studio programs, which are the keystone of Groundswell’s work, provide a four-year sequence of exciting mural and non-mural arts programs, each working at the intersection of art and social justice. Groundswell is an equal opportunity employer. Groundswell’s office/studio is in Gowanus, Brooklyn, convenient to the Union Street Subway station. Please visit our website: www.groundswell.nyc.
Job Title: Program Manager, Master Studio Programs
Reports to: Director of Programs
Hours: 5 days a week Tuesday through Saturday* (Nov-Apr), 8 hours a day; 10/11am-6/7pm schedule. *not all Saturdays in the first year of work
·Excellent time management skills; prompt and reliable adherence to work schedule
·Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, diverse, office/studio environment, and on-site in school settings
·Comfort interacting with youth and a wide range of external constituents
·Can communicate in a compelling manner, in writing and public speaking
·Welcomes and engages in collaborative decision making with Program Team
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish goals for and maintain vision and quality of Master Studio Programs
- Supervises Studio Coordinator. Sets goals, provides supervision, performs evaluation.
- Oversees vision for the Master Studio learning environment and creates a welcoming, safe and just space for our Youth and programs.
- Develops robust career and college planning and social-emotional learning curricula & events and works with Teaching Artists to integrate into Studio Programs
- Oversees sequence of mural and non-mural program deliverables through management of monthly and annual program calendars.
- Manages communication, contracting, and event planning with Community Partners.
- Strengthen existing, and develop new, community partners within “hub” neighborhoods in accordance with strategic plan
- Implement evaluation system for Teaching Artists, and Programs incorporating Youth and Community Partner input. Analyze and track data.
- Manage existing program budgets and oversee future budget planning.
- Co-Manage hiring and onboarding process for Groundswell Teaching Artists
- Oversee contracting of Teaching Artists and associated deliverables and reports.
- Conducts curriculum development and evaluation meetings with Teaching Artists to ensure that Social Justice, Youth Development and Artistic Communication objectives are being met in Studio Programs.
- Pursues Business Development opportunities, grants, state and city funding for MSP
- Comfort with daily use of Microsoft Office and Cloud applications in a PC environment; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Demonstrated engagement with art, youth development, social justice and other aspects of our mission.
- Understanding of and experience with progressive teaching practices, curriculum development, and arts-standards. Fosters rigor and supports success with TAs.
- Knowledge of business development including grant-writing and response to RFPs
Groundswell provides competitive benefits, including health care coverage, a 401(k) plan, flex spending and other perquisites.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume in a single PDF file to email@example.com (Master Studio Project Manager in subject line). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No faxes, phone calls or in-person deliveries, please. We regret that we cannot respond to every application; only potential candidates will be contacted.