440 Yauger Way Southwest
You love watching the bulbs light up when people “get it”. You’re a creative and future-focused person with a passion for what’s next in the world of media. The Community Media Education & Production Coordinator will be responsible for designing, implementing, and carrying out TCMedia’s training and education programs that support our mission.
- Design curricula on emergent digital media technology and make recommendations on equipment purchases.
- Develop project-based learning for courses including studio production, field production, editing, audio production, and more.
- Teach workshops to a variety of age groups; enthusiastically share knowledge of highly complex equipment and production in common terms to community users of all ages, and various levels of expertise with professionalism and patience.
- Organize and deliver Young Producer’s Network (YPN) summer camps and supervise temporary staff.
- Plan master class series for advanced courses taught by industry professionals.
- Manage periodic continuous learning series for community members and public.
- Create and implement test-out and examination procedures.
- Provide ongoing mentorship to TCMedia members and students.
- Manage member records through online database, ensuring correct certification.
- Coordinate enrichment classes for new and existing staff.
- Coordinate and produce community productions working with TCMedia member volunteers as crew.
- Produce and direct field and studio productions using single-camera and multi-camera techniques using portable equipment, TCMedia studio, or TCMedia production truck.
- Assemble crews for community productions with current students and volunteers.
Administrative and Communications Support
- Assist with general administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones, preparing mailings, copying forms and documents, greeting guests, conducting tours, and answering questions.
- Coordinate with the Director of Community and Member Engagement in promotion of course offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Ability To:
- Work creatively and flexibly in a collaborative team environment, operating autonomously under minimal supervision and to provide and accept direction, supervision and guidance when appropriate.
- Convey a warm, friendly, respectful, and professional public manner. Demonstrated competency when interacting with diverse groups and individuals of differing backgrounds.
- Positively represent TCMedia as an organization while working in the field.
- Arrive early to meetings and classes.
- Meet deadlines and demonstrate advanced project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Research and analyze technology tools; train and mentor non-techie staff and volunteers.
- Associates (AA) degree in communications, media production, broadcasting, education, or closely related field. A combination of professional experience and training may substitute for formal education.
- Mastery of media production. Demonstrated expertise in: producing/directing/shooting/editing multi-camera and single-camera video productions; camera operation; lighting; sound engineering; editing with Adobe Creative Suite or Final Cut Pro X. Experience with iPad video editing and digital media apps, uploading video to the web, and/or podcasting.
- Fluency in Mac OS X and/or Windows environment computer experience with graphics, word processing, Internet, and database tools.
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems in a fast-paced environment and communicate immediate concerns, bringing solutions to team and supervisors.
- Commitment to ensuring media tools, technology, and training are accessible to all people.
- Weekend and evening shifts are a requirement for this position.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver's license and safe driving record.
Ability to converse and conduct classes with Spanish speaking individuals.
TCMedia offers a generous benefits package for full-time staff including vacation/PTO and medical, dental, and vision coverage. TCMedia contributes to a Health Savings Account (HSA) upon hire and makes a retirement match up to 3% after one year of service. After five years with TCMedia, employees are elligible for 5 weeks of Professional Development leave. We are proud to offer flexible scheduling and telework opportunities and we are a family-friendly employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a PDF resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest in working at TCMedia. Send via email to Andrea Capere, Director of Community and Member Engagement - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Community Media Education & Production Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. Please, no phone calls or hard copies of materials through the postal service.
Open until filled. First review of applications will begin November 19, 2018.
Applicants under consideration must pass a background check.