Details: Excel provides a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and is commensurate with experience.
Excel Academy Charter Schools is a network of tuition-free, public charter schools serving the Massachusetts communities of East Boston and Chelsea. It was founded to address the severe academic underperformance and low college matriculation rates of the student populations in these neighborhoods. Our founders envisioned a free, public school alternative where all students would be held to the highest academic and behavioral expectations, and college would become a reality. As a true public school, Excel is defined not by whom we exclude but by whom we include in our community. We are proud of the fact that we serve many students with special needs.
The network’s first school opened in fall 2003 in East Boston and now serves 224 students, grades 5 through 8. Excel Academy Chelsea, the 2nd school in our network, opened in fall 2011. Our third school, Excel Academy Orient Heights, opened in August of 2012. And our first high school, Excel Academy Charter High School, opened in fall 2015. Excel now educates 1100+ students in grades 5-11. At full scale in 2019, Excel will enroll a total of 1,350 students in grades 5-12.
About the Role
Excel Academy is seeking a part-time Manager of Marketing and Communications (MMC). In this role, the MMC develop and execute multi-tiered communications strategies for the network’s primary constituents including donors, current families, staff, prospective applicants, and community partners. This role focuses heavily on developing internal and external relations. Please see below for a list of more specific duties and responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute targeted marketing and communications strategies for Excel’s primary constituents
- Maintain and update Excel’s website
- Coordinate visitor program across Excel’s network of four campuses
- Track effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Manage organization’s social media accounts
- Manage vendor relationships
- Lead & Support Community Events
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master’s Degree Preferred
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Communications Specialist or similar role
- Proficiency working with web content management tools (e.g. WordPress)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Hands on experience with MailChimp
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit http://www.excelacademy.org/join-our-team/ to learn more about working at Excel, and/or visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/excel to view a current list of career opportunities and submit an application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received; candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Excel Academy Charter Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language or prior academic achievement.