The Community Program Helpline Chat Specialist (HCS) provides comprehensive services to individual clients and families impacted by crime and abuse telephonically and via live chat. The services provided by the HCS include safety assessment, risk management, counseling via phone and live chat, scheduling of appointment at Community Program sites and the provision of information and referrals to service providers within and outside Safe Horizon. The HCS coordinates with Safe Horizon supporting programs and local agencies to provide short and long-term care necessary to meet the needs related to victims of crime and abuse.
· Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with clients.
· Provides intake and assessment via telephone and live chat for individuals seeking assistance;
· Provides short-term crisis intervention to victims and survivors of crime and abuse
· Engages in safety assessment and risk management;
· Provides information and referrals for other Safe Horizon services such as shelters and long-term counseling, and schedules appointment for clients interested in receiving ongoing services at a Community Program site;
· Provides information regarding public assistance and other entitlements, and assistance with OVS applications;
· Performs data entry into a computerized record keeping system;
· Maintains cooperative working relationships with other Safe Horizon staff members and other service providers.
· Other Safe Horizon programs and departments
· External partners, referral sources
Qualifications: (includes education and professional experience)
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Effective August 16, 2021, as a private contractor of The City of New York all Safe Horizon employees, interns and volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or weekly COVID-19 testing unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Please visit the Executive Order 75 for details.
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
The Community Program Helpline Chat Specialist (HCS) provides comprehensive services to individual clients and families impacted by crime and abuse telephonically and via live chat. The services provided by the HCS include…