The onsite Regional Facility Manager will be responsible for managing Camden Prep’s current school buildings, located at 1650 Copewood and 1575 Mt. Ephraim, which total approximately 214,000 SF. The Regional Facility Manager will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient day-to-day facility operations, managing maintenance, overseeing building staff, and managing vendors to provide critical building services. The Regional Facility Manager will report to the Senior Associate Director of Real Estate and Facilities and will work from 6:00am – 4:00pm Monday through Friday.
The Facility Manager will be a member of the Real Estate and Facilities Team and will work relentlessly to ensure that the building’s systems are operational and are monitored regularly. Theteam has a fast paced and “whatever it takes” culture that seeks to ensure that the facility and day to day operations are not a barrier to high quality teaching and learning for teachers and students. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement set policies and procedures relating to facility operations, maintenance, and disaster recovery including but not limited to:
- Create comprehensive building maintenance schedule
- Develop vendor scopes of work
- Review vendor proposals, complete bid comparisons and provide recommendations
- Create building supplies/ inventory system
- Coordinate all demand maintenance, preventive maintenance, and reactive repair maintenance activities; oversee other building staff and contractors, if so required.
- Develop capital reserve budget.
- Assist in annual facility budget planning.
- Utilize building work order system.
- Respond to and coordinate all emergency call activities as necessary.
- Oversee technicians and external partners, including maintenance technicians, security guards, grounds keepers, and custodial services.
- Respond to school staff requests regarding building operations; prioritize schedules; and assign, plan, and monitor the work
- Assist in coordinating required governmental inspections, and regularly inspect all areas of the building and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement
- Assist in ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations; and maintain up-to-date building documentation and certifications.
- Be present and engaged Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Potential for after-hours work on nights/weekends for special projects or emergencies.
- A minimum of a High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Vocational, technical or apprenticeship training preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of building and facility maintenance.
- Black Seal Low Pressure Boiler license.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and electrical motor troubleshooting is preferred.
- The ability to read/understand blueprints.Familiarity with a computerized, Trane Building Management System (BMS).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with staff, students, parents, colleagues and community members.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills required (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Maturity and ability to work independently.
- Must enjoy contact with children and parents.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities preferred.
- Experience with four pipe HVAC systems highly preferred.
- Spanish language skills a plus, but not required.
- Able to lift and move heavy packages.
- MUST pass a criminal background check.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required