The Senior Associate, Credit Administration will be primarily responsible for providing general support in drafting loan documentation, closing loans, and servicing loans across a global portfolio, maintaining documentation templates, ensuring compliance with policy, and proactively participating in continuous improvements to policy and procedures. S/he will provide excellent customer service working closely with a team of regional credit administration associates in Africa and Latin America and the Legal Team in Cambridge.
General Support in Loan Documentation and Closing (40%)
- Draft and revise loan documents, as assigned.
- Back up Director of Credit Administration to crosscheck loan documentation prepared in-house to ensure consistency of terms and conditions and alignment with lending policy, as needed.
- Support or cover loan closing and loan servicing functions, as assigned.
- Manage the execution of original loan documents originating in Cambridge, including receipt, signing, filing and mailing of the same.
- Collaborate with Root Capital’s General Counsel and the Director of Credit Administration to maintain up-to-date template loan documents and notices.
- Coordinate bi-weekly Regional Team Meetings.
Buyer Due Diligence (5%)
- Conduct credit checks on new buyers or counterparties, as requested.
- Conduct outreach to new buyers, as needed, in order to obtain agreement for repayment instructions for the benefit of Root Capital.
Third Party Guarantees & Lending (30%)
- Enter loans selected for inclusion under USAID DCA guarantee programs into USAID on-line system and administer report and claims processes.
- Administer all third party guarantees, as needed.
- Use approved template to draft master participation agreements and sales certificates; coordinate necessary internal approvals for any requested changes of the same, as assigned.
- Record and register any loan sales.
Procedure and Process Documentation and Improvement (20%)
- Participate in the development, review and continuous improvement of lending policy and processes.
Compliance and Monitoring (5%)
- Support team by providing loan documentation and coordinating balance confirmation for external audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in finance, accounting, preferred.
- Three to five years of professional experience; loan documentation experience, preferred.
- Fluency in French and English, strongly preferred; Spanish a plus.
- Self-motivated to work independently and learn new systems and acquire new skills.
- Familiarity with the credit process, lending practices and loan documentation, strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to manage and accomplish multiple tasks on an agreed timeframe through effective prioritization of duties.
- Attention to detail a must!
- Commitment to Root Capital’s mission.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required; French fluency strongly preferred; Spanish proficiency desired but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply by using the form on Root Capital's website: https://rootcapital.org/careers/senior-associate-credit-administration/