One Dupont Circle, NW
The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT®) is looking to grow our team by hiring an Associate Program Manager to help lead our efforts in education attainment and innovation. As CREDIT works to create bridges between training providers and universities, the Associate Program Manager serves an essential role in meeting that mission. We are looking for someone who is motivated, a team-player, and passionate about supporting adult learners achieve their higher education goals!
CREDIT connects workplace learners with colleges and universities by helping adults gain access to academic credit for formal courses and examinations taken outside traditional degree programs. With over 35,000 courses reviewed, ACE is the national leader in the evaluation process for education and training obtained outside the classroom.
The Associate Program Manager, CREDIT is responsible overseeing all preparation functions of a CREDIT review including client services, faculty recruitment, operations, logistics, and reporting.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates pre-review logistics and communicates with multiple stakeholders to ensure projects are successfully completed within specified deadlines.
- Prepares internal documents for course and exam reviews
- Coordinates activities between evaluators, review team, and the organizational contact.
- Ensures compliance of all ACE travel policies, GSA rates and regulations, and monitors flight expenses
- Prepares orientation packets for course and exam reviews
- Coordinates with the review lead to assure all review materials are complete and ready for the faculty evaluation.
- Reviews, loads, updates, and edits credit recommendations in database management systems to synchronize with the National Guide online after the completion of each review.
- Researches course content areas to determine review team with matching qualifications.
- Secures college faculty members and other qualified professionals to serve on review teams using relational databases.
- Maintains high standards of data quality and accuracy on departmental reporting mechanisms.
- Establishes virtual review space in SharePoint and assists in monitoring online interactions during each review period
- Drafts review-related correspondence, reports, forms, presentations, and other materials as needed.
- Serves as secondary administrator for expense submissions and payments
- Provides outstanding customer service through written and oral communication to meet clients’ needs, to maintain and build goodwill.
- Attends onsite reviews as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 5 years relevant work experience required
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills and experience working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated proficiency and enthusiasm in use of technology and software applications (Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, database experience) to support CREDIT reviews and back-end process
- Demonstrated project planning experience.
- Strong research, proofreading, and document editing skills.
- Comfortable working with clients and organization with diverse needs, objectives, and requirements.
Strong consideration given to candidates with experience and knowledge of post-secondary credit transfer practices, military transcripts, academic records, transcript policies, curriculum design, evaluation practices, and program marketing.
Please submit a current resume as part of your application. Cover letter preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Office environment, 10% travel to reviews required
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Minimum Education Required