Finance & Data Analyst
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Finance has central responsibility and authority for policy analysis, program development, performance tracking and improvement, financial management, resource maximization and technical assistance. Finance helps to ensure that programs and administrative operations have the information, analysis, funding and technical capacity to deliver critical services effectively and meet DOHMH's objectives. Finance values motivated, energetic individuals committed to achieving excellence in a public sector environment and a desire to be part of a City agency that is revolutionizing public health and mental hygiene services.
We are seeking to fill one Finance analyst position in the COVID response and support team which will provide support to the COVID activation related activities, including but not limited to some reporting and ad hoc projects within Finance. The analyst will work a 35 hour per week schedule.
· Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field such as Business, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, Information Technology, Marketing, Public Health etc.
· One year of full-time experience in appropriate field of specialization
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications with strong Excel skills
· Strong written, research and oral, communication skills
· Strong organizational skills, with ability to multi-task and track activities
· Ability to speak, read, and write English
· Intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft Excel
· Highly motivated and organized with the ability to work well in teams and independently on multiple simultaneous projects
· Ability to work and collaborate with teams who may work remotely
· Ability to work quickly under pressure and maintain composure and good judgment
· Ability to demonstrate a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
· Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with people from diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
This position will work remotely. All necessary equipment and internet connection will be provided for staff to work from home. You must have a quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. This position could move on-site to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Gotham Center, 42-09 28th Street, Queens, NY 11101 at a later date.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
Finance & Data Analyst
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New…