Details: Annually DOE
1728 Bancroft Avenue
The Homeless Outreach Coordinator at 3rd St Youth Center & Clinic will support 3rd Street’s new Rapid Re-housing (RRH) program, the only of its kind specifically for Transition Age Youth in the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood. 3rd St was established in 2005 through a community-initiated process and has grown through support from both private and public funders and partners. 3rd Street’s RRH will help homeless TAY and their families find and maintain housing. Depending on need and eligibility, TAY will receive financial assistance to cover move-in costs, housing search support, and/or an ongoing rental subsidy. All TAY in the program are provided with long-term case management to support them in becoming economically self-sufficient and maintaining their housing.
Classification: Exempt, full-time
· Housing Outreach, which develops connections with landlords, manages a landlord and unit database, and housing search support
· Case management for homeless TAY looking for housing and linking them to supportive medical and behavioral health services when necessary.
· Ensure that clients receive appropriate housing outreach and case management support.
· Track outcomes for the RRH program to appropriate management and grant team to ensure accurate and timely reporting of quarterly and annual goals
· Creatively and proactively identify Bay Area landlords to partner with 3rd Street in solving homelessness.
· Develop and cultivate new and existing landlord relationships by giving presentations, regularly connecting with property owner associations, networking at relevant meetings, and taking any other steps necessary to find and establish strong ties with landlords and associations.
· Manage database used across the agency to track and quantify connections made with landlords, inventory of available units, as well as information and data about families searching for housing and those housed as a result of the program.
· Coordinate with 3rd Street case managers and/or social workers to match TAY with appropriate available housing units and assist throughout the lease application and move in process.
· Provide regular case management throughout the housing process and independent living skills support to aid in housing retention.
· At least 2 years of experience working as case manager or counselor with homeless TAY, families or at risk populations
· Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
· Outstanding work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, team-oriented
· Excellent writing and organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail is critical for success in this position.
· Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
· Ability to assess and de-escalate potentially volatile situations
· Ability to work effectively with culturally-diverse staff, families and communities
· Desired: Experience with HUD programs
Level of Language Proficiency
- Desired: Bilingual Spanish or Chinese
Minimum Education Required