KIPP DC OVERVIEW:
By 2025, KIPP DC will build upon two decades of proven results to develop into a more impactful, innovative, and inclusive school system, that provides joyful, identity-affirming learning experiences so that all students and alumni achieve extraordinary outcomes. We are a network of eighteen schools educating nearly 7,000 students and employing 1,200 teachers, leaders, and staff members dedicated to our mission.
The Compliance Manager will be primarily based at one of our KIPP DC campuses. This position will be responsible for maintaining documentation and managing matters related to compliance with a full spectrum of federal and state requirements at the campus and school level. This position will also assist in sustaining policies and systems that ensure KIPP DC’s overall compliance with regulations. This position will work closely with our school leaders and headquarters staff. The Compliance Manager is an exempt position and it will report to the Senior Director of Accountability.
- Implement, monitor, and document KIPP DC’s compliance at the school level around a full spectrum of federal and state requirements, including:
- DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education and Public Charter School Board requirements, including audits, reviews, and annual reports
- Student recruitment support including attending relevant student recruitment events (EdFest, local school fairs)
- Student enrollment processes and documentation
- Student residency requirements, documentation, and compliance, including working closely with families to ensure deadlines and document requirements are met.
- Homeless youth population requirements, documentation, and compliance
- English Language Learner (ELL) student requirements, documentation, and compliance
- Student health records and vaccination requirements
- Coordination and administration of high stakes testing (PARCC), including all project management responsibilities
- Compliance requirements associated with Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) programs
- Serve as a full-time and engaged member of KIPP DC’s staff, including assisting with student recruitment and enrichment activities, and working with other staff members to ensure fulfillment of KIPP DC’s mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least one year related experience in school-based compliance monitoring strongly preferred
- Experience in database management strongly preferred
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, and extraordinary attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving and relationship management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Results-oriented team player who is dedicated to getting the job done
- Flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate a high level of responsibility and multiple priorities
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Passion for education reform and the belief that every child can succeed
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP DC’s mission and to advancing its anti-racist ambition through their work with staff, students, alumni, and families
- Flexibility, tenacity, ability to produce high-quality work, resourcefulness, and willingness to work well with a team
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with PowerSchool is a plus